Saturday, 11 June 2011

Review: If I Stay [If I Stay #1] by Gayle Forman


Title: If I Stay
Author: Gayle Forman
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Series: If I Stay #1
Source: Purchased by myself
Publisher: Speak
Publication Date: 6th April 2010
Rating: 5 stars

Tell Me About It
Life can change in an instant.

A cold February morning...
A snowy road...
And suddenly all of Mia's choices are gone.

Except one.

As alone as she'll ever be, Mia must make the most difficult choice of all.
My Thoughts
This is the first book I have read by Gayle Foreman and it does not disappoint. The book had me interested from reading the product description so I picked it up and also got Where She Went

I could not put this book down. It keeps you interested from the first page and follows Mia though her day, with seamlessly added relevant back story. We get to feel her emotions as though they are your own, her happiness, sadness and how hard it is to make her decisions.

Her day starts off normal until a snowfall cancels school and the family decide to take a drive. Along the way they are involved in a collision and we follow Mia through her journey on how she copes and deals with it.  Will she choose to stay, or will she choose to leave everything behind.

I have never cried so much reading a book before and up untill the last paragraphs we dont know what her desicion will be, keeping you in suspense wanting to find out her choice.

I recommend this book to everyone....go and buy a copy or two now, give one to your friends, you will not be disappointed.  While you're buying the books, don't forget to stock up on tissues, you'll need them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...