Friday, 29 July 2011

Review: In My Dreams by Cameo Renae




Title: In My Dreams
Author: Cameo Renae
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Paranormal, Young Adult, Romance
Source: Provided by tour host
Publication Date: 17th April 2011
Rating: 3 stars

Tell Me About It
It was happening again. The dreams. The nightmares. It was something seventeen year-old Elizabeth "Lizzy" Hayes thought she'd outgrown; dreams that would come true; detailed premonitions of how people would die. This time she dreams about her boyfriend, Michael Young, and soon discovers that he's been found... dead.
Michael hasn't crossed over because he was murdered, and now his murderer is coming for Lizzy. His spirit won't rest until she is safe, and as a newbie spirit, the easiest way for him to make contact is through Lizzy's dreams.
When she dreams, it's as if he hasn't died. Lizzy must learn to pull on her inner strength to survive horrifying events.
Meanwhile, in the spirit world, Michael learns everything he can about his supernatural gifts to help. But will it be enough to save her?
My Thoughts
From the first few paragraphs I am already in love with the descriptive writing, it made the whole experience more realistic to me, letting me imagine what was happening.
the air was dense and musty, and a white mist concealed the cold, damp earth beneath my feet
I really like the relationship that Lizzy has with Michael and how they have gone from best friends to being together and I can sympathise from where she is coming from, a broken home.

Her premonitions come in forms of dreams and if I were to have only "good dreams" then I would really love to have this myself.

The story evolves and unfolds seamlessly, and we follow Lizzy as she deals with her emotions with some gripping storyline, which even made me cry.  We get glimpses into Michael's and Lizzy's relationship in the forms of dreams, where they visit different places for Michael communicate.

The anticipation of what was going to happen next had me sitting on the edge of my seat, and although the story itself is based on a short time line, it is packed full of suspense, romance and paranormal.

It concluded really well and I hope there is another book to follow as I can't wait to follow Lizzy again.


Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the guest post and 1 lucky winner will win a ecopy of  In My Dreams

1 comment:

  1. I thought I'd commented on this! I love your blog, and I LOVE your review, and am so glad you liked In My Dreams! Thanks so much for stopping by! ♥ Cameo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...