Monday, 11 July 2011

Review: Shiver [The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1] by Maggie Stiefvater


Title: Shiver
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Author Info: Website|Blog|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Young Adult
Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1
Source: Purchased by myself
Publisher: Scholastic
Publication Date: 5th October 2009
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
Grace is fascinated by the wolves in the woods behind her house; one yellow-eyed wolf in particular. Every winter, she watches him but every summer, he disappears.
Sam leads two lives. In winter he stays in the frozen woods, with the protection of the pack. In summer, he has a few precious months to be human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again.
When Grace and Sam finally meet they realize they can't bear to be apart. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human - or risk losing himself, and Grace, for ever
My Thoughts
I am so late on reading this book. I can't believe I haven't read it sooner. I just finished it last night and I plan to go the book shops straight after work tomorrow to buy Linger. I love it and couldn't put it down.
I smiled with the happy moments, cried in the sad parts and was shocked at the end.
Although I am glad in a way, since I have only just read this book then I don't have such a long wait to read the last book in the series (like I had to with Harry Potter & Twilight Series)


Are there any books that you were slow on the uptake to read but wish you had read them sooner?
Or do you have any suggestions of books that I am sadly missing out on by not reading them yet?

4 comments:

  1. I love Maggie's writing, you're lucky you can zoom through the entire trilogy all at once! I was late to read the Mortal Instruments series but am glad I didn't have to wait a year between books :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have picked this book up and put it back down so many times. I think I am just going to have to go ahead and get it and read it. Thanks for the great review! You helped me make my mind up!
    Courtney
    Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Mel, i started mortal instruments when it was in tis third book, so I idint have to wait long to read the first 3, although the wait if forever for the new ones...i was even lucky enough to order the signed version of City of Fallen Angels from Barnes & Noble, i had it pre-ordered for ages and they sold out before they were eveon released.

    @ Bookjunkie, it took a while for me to get into it but lucky enough after a few chapters it caught my interest so I carried on.

    Thank you for commenting and following :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've come to this trilogy v late, Shiver is on my to-read shelf. Thanks for your review! SD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...