Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Mini Review: One Hundred Candles [Past Midnight #2] by Mara Purnhagen


Title: One Hundred Candles
Author: Mara Purnhagen
Author Info: Website
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Series: Past Midnight #2
Source: Purchased by myself
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: 15th February 2011
Rating: 3 stars

Tell Me About It
It's taken a long time for me to feel like a normal teenager. But now that I'm settled in a new school, where people know me as more than Charlotte Silver of the infamous Silver family paranormal investigators, it feels like everything is falling into place. And what better way to be normal than to go on a date with a popular football star like Harris Abbott? After all, it's not as if Noah is anything more than a friend….
But my new life takes a disturbing turn when Harris brings me to a party and we play a game called One Hundred Candles. It seems like harmless, ghostly fun. Until spirits unleashed by the game start showing up at school. Now my friends and family are in very real danger, and the door that I've opened into another realm may yield deadly consequences.
My Thoughts
After an attack on Charlotte from a demonologist's assistant and a game 'One Hundred Candles' mysterious things have been happening to Charlotte and her school.
A ghostly dog was caught on the school security camera, everyone's cell phone was called from the same number, and people have been hearing and seeing things in the hallways.
Eventually all the happenings are explained but something is still not right. Something is after Charlotte and will stop at nothing to get to her.

One Hundred Candles had me sitting on the edge of my seat reading as fast as I could to find out what was going to happen next. I have never heard of the game One Hundred Candles, but after reading this book I would be very hesitant to try it myself, whether it was real or not.
Mara Purnhagen creates paranormal mysteries so realistic you hope you don't experience it yourself.  It had me hooked from the moment I started the book, infact from the moment I started the series, and once again I wish I had found it sooner.

One Hundred Candles is the third book in the series, (counting Raising The Dead) and I have loved them all and I can't wait to make a start on Beyond the Grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...