Sunday, 4 September 2011

Quick Review : Storm Born (Volume #3) by Richelle Mead


Title: Storm Born
Author: Richelle Mead, Grant Alter
Illustrator: David Hamann
Genre: Graphic Novel, Paranormal, Fantasty
Series: Dark Swan Comic #3
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Sea Lion Books
Publication Date: June 2011
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
Eugenie Markham never asked for any of this. Until now, she''s been content with her job as a freelance shaman, battling and banishing Otherworldly creatures.
When a prophecy suddenly makes her the Otherworld''s most popular bachelorette, Eugenie finds herself fighting off unwanted supernatural suitors, as well as the evils that begin emerging from her past...
My Thoughts
This is the first comic book I have received for review and I want to thank Sea Lion Books for giving me the opportunity to do so.  I haven't read the previous comics in the series but I have read the books so I have background knowledge about what Storm Born (Volume 3) is about.

I love Richelle Mead's writing and have read all of her Dark Swan Books and own all of her Vampire Academy books so when I got the chance to review Storm Born (Volume 3) I jumped at the chance, not only would I have knowledge of the story line, but I would get to see the pictures and drawings for the characters and finally get to see if my imagination put them to justice.

Well, my imagination is severely lacking in the imaginative department.  Not only do the comics follow the books perfectly, but the artwork is amazing and I have to say Volusian is kinda scary looking, not at all what I imagined him to be, but now that I have seen an actual drawing of him there is no way I would cross him.

Storm Born (Volume 3) starts off where Eugenie has decided to cross over to try to find Jasmine and has enlisted the help of Volusian, Nandi and Finn right up to the point were she is discovered by Aeson.

I am so liking Storm Born (Volume 3) that I NEED to find where I can buy copies of the first two comics and this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...