Friday, 2 September 2011

Review: Encyclopedia of the Unexplained by Judy Allen


Title: Encyclopedia of the Unexplained
Author: Judy Allen
Genre: Non-Fiction, Paranormal
Source: Publisher
Publisher: Kingfisher
Publication Date: 1st August 2011
Rating: 3 stars

Tell Me About It
This encyclopedia is a guide to curious phenomena, strange superstitions and ancient mysteries. Within its pages there are ghosts of sea and land, disappearances and lost empires, water monsters and King Arthur, UFOs and superstitions, fireballs, frog showers, crop circles and missing treasure. As the introduction says: The world is such an extraordinary and complicated place that it's very unlikely we will ever solve every puzzle, break every code and understand every awesome phenomena. But we can - and will - go on trying, and any one of us may discover the key to something that has been lost, or hidden, or misunderstood for thousands of years.
My Thoughts
I have to say I love anything to do with the unexplained, I don't know whether I believe about a lot of the unexplained-UFOs, Big Foot etc, but I do believe in ghosts and haunted places.

The Encyclopedia of the Unexplained covers a variety of things, haunting's, superstitions and symbols, natural phenomena, strange creatures, ancient mysteries and more. Within each section the title is expanded, for example hauntings has haunted places, battlefield ghosts, ghosts at sea, and ghosts on the road (which really intrigued me but more on that later).

I really enjoyed reading through the pages and even learning about some things I had never heard of. For anyone who likes the unexplained, this books is a great addition to anyone's collection.


Now, back to ghosts on the road. I loved this part more purely for the fact it has happened to my Dad. Long story short, my Dad was driving us back from Leeds (UK) back home to Liverpool (UK) after dropping my sister off at a friends. We were driving down the motorway, I can't remember which one it was, the roads weren't empty, but they were quiet with very little traffic. My Dad suddenly slammed on his brakes and we all asking what was wrong. He has saw a figure standing in the middle of the road and thought he was going to hit them with the car. Once he had braked the figure had disappeared, like literally vanished. No one had saw the person only my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...