Monday, 17 October 2011

Review: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Title: Bloodlines
Author: Richelle Mead
Genre:Young Adult
Publication Date: USA: Aug 23rd 2011|UK: 25th Aug 2011
Description
When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.
Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.

[from goodreads]


Review
After finishing Vampire Academy I was disappointed for it to be over, but knowing that Bloodlines was on it's way it kept me hopeful that it would continue with the awesomeness that is Richelle Mead and not be a waste of a read like other spin offs can be.  It has taken me a while to actually get to read Bloodlines purely because I have had other books to read first, how I wish I could have left them all behind and jumped straight into Bloodlines when I got it. 
Once again Richelle Mead does not disappoint and Bloodlines is filled with the same action and drama that kept me hooked with Vampire Academy.  Richelle has wrote another great book and I can't wait to see where she takes us in this series.
All while reading Bloodlines I never once guessed what was going on with the killings, tattoos and was shocked when the truth was revealed.  The very last page left me shocked (in a happy way) but also really excited to read the next book in the series, The Golden Lily. 
I loved getting an insight into how Sydney thinks, although she played a small role in the Vampire Academy series, Bloodlines is all about her with a lot of our favourite characters making an appearance.  Sydney wasn't one of my favourite characters in Vampire Academy, neither was Jill, but after finishing Bloodlines I can understand why they act the way they do, and I really feel sorry for the amount of pressure Sydney is under, not only from her parents but the other alchemists.  But I also admire her determination to prove them wrong, not matter what is thrown in her path, and also to protect her sister.

Anyone who has read Vampire Academy and were not sure about getting a copy of Bloodlines, don't hesitate any longer, go and pick up a copy from your nearest bookshop and read it.  Thoses who have not yet had the joys of reading Richelle's work, you don't know what you are missing.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this one as well. I'm very happy that Richelle Mead decided to continue Vampire Academy in a spin-off series, because I cannot live without this series. It's amazing. Especially its characters - therefore I can't wait for The Golden Lily.
    (More Adriiiiaaaaan!!! :D )

    Great review, thanks for sharing. :)
    Carina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...