Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Review: Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Title: Destined for an Early Grave
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Genre: Paranormal
Publication Date: USA:July 28th 2009|UK:1st Aug 2009

Description
Her deadly dreams leave her in grave danger

Since half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her undead lover Bones met six years ago, they've fought against the rogue undead, battled a vengeful Master vampire, and pledged their devotion with a blood bond. Now it's time for a vacation. But their hopes for a perfect Paris holiday are dashed when Cat awakes one night in terror. She's having visions of a vampire named Gregor who's more powerful than Bones and has ties to her past that even Cat herself didn't know about.

Gregor believes Cat is his and he won't stop until he has her. As the battle begins between the vamp who haunts her nightmares and the one who holds her heart, only Cat can break Gregor's hold over her. She'll need all the power she can summon in order to bring down the baddest bloodsucker she's ever faced . . . even if getting that power will result in an early grave.



Review
I know I have said this for a few books, but I really can't remember why I stopped reading the Night Huntress series.  From the moment I started Destined for an Early Grave I could not stop.

I love the names that the vampires have got, Hopscotch, Band aid and laughed at the banter, not only between Cat and her Mum, Justina, but also between Cat and Bones themselves.
Destined for an Early Grave has got to be the hardest book I have read.  Having to read about Cat and Bones breaking up and fighting left me speechless, all the time I was thinking, no this can't be happening.  But Destined for an Early Grave had happy parts too, like Cat loosing her filter when she has been drinking, and I really loved the English words Bones uses, I haven't heard a lot of them for a while.

Jeaniene Frost certainly knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat.  All the way through this roller coaster ride of a book I was constantly wondering what was going to happen next.  The twists and turns kept me hooked in the pages but the plot line was easy to follow.  Destined for an Early Grave gives us a look into how Cat and Bones are when they are separated, and what happens when a familiar face comes back onto the scene.  Bones and Cat both want to protect each other, but one causes more harm than good, and can it be fixed.

I really enjoyed reading this series again and I can't wait to get stuck into the next books in the series and I will defiantly be looking at the spin off series from Night Huntress.

2 comments:

  1. New follower hopping over from the Weekly Book Blog Hop. Hope you'll return the follow at http://pagesofgold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower from the Weekly Book Blog Hop and followed thru GFC and Facebook. Would really love a follow back when you get the chance. Thanks so much for your help and have a great week!

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...