Thursday, 20 October 2011

Review: Eve by Anna Carey

Title: Eve
Author: Anna Carey
Genre: Dystopian
Publication Date: USA:Oct 4th 2011|UK:5th Nov 2011
Description
The year is 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus—and the vaccine intended to protect against it—wiped out most of the earth’s population. The night before eighteen-year-old Eve’s graduation from her all-girls school she discovers what really happens to new graduates, and the horrifying fate that awaits her.

Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust...and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.

Review

I got Eve from netgalley and after seeing it on a few blogs was really looking forward to getting to read it.  Dystopian books are a new genre for me to read and I find myself really enjoying them so I am quick to grab up any new books in this genre.

I enjoyed reading about the back story and about finding out what really happens to the girls, and I really liked the friendships portrayed, even the one that is forged as a last resort between Eve and Arden.
I loved Silas and Benny and how when Eve is taken away from the they cried "I Love You" to her, made even more poignant after the meaning of love is described by Eve.

However, I personally think these are the best bits about Eve, I thought it took a lot of reading and explaining to actually get anywhere, not only in the storyline but also the friendship and romance between the characters, and when it was finally starting to get interesting it was over, The End. 
I did enjoy the writing style of Anna, but I think the book could have done with more substance to it, and either made it longer, or got to the point sooner so we could get to see what happens next.

I would like to continue reading this series and get to see what happens next with Eve and Caleb, but I would be hesitant about buying my own copy, and would probably try to lend it off someone try to get a copy from a library.


[Thanks to netgalley for my copy of Eve]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...