Monday, 10 October 2011

Review: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Title: Forever
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Genre: Young Adult-Fantasy
Publication Date: USA:July 12th 2011|UK:13th July 2011
Description
The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stiefvater

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

Review
I am probably one of the last people to actually read this series. I picked up the first book in the series a few months ago to see what all the fuss was and I was hooked straight away. I immediatly got books 2 and 3 but have only just got round to reading book 3. To say I enjoyed the series is an understatement and I really don't know why I had never picked it up sooner.

We continue in Forever straight after were Linger finishes and we get to meet the same characters and get to see their own point of view. My own impression of the characters changed as I was reading this book and ones I didn't really like have now ended up being people I admire, for finally making the right choice for others and not for themselves.

I really enjoyed seeing grace's point of view as a wolf and how she dealt with the changing, and it made me sad to see Sam suffer the way he did while waiting for Grace to change back. I am glad that Grace's parents decided to compromise on the relationship between them both and really happy that Grace made a stand like she did.

My impression of both Cole and Isobel changed while reading Forever, they started out as their usual selves, thoughtless, and in Cole's case, reckless, but in the end they make choices and sacrifices for the right reasons, and Cole's case, his recklessness was really his own way to help cure Grace, Himself, Beck and the rest of the pack. In my eyes Isobel has grown so much and I really admire her for making a stand against her Father for what she believes in.

My favourite person has to be Officer Koenig. He figured out himself about the Wolves of Mercy Falls and is the one person who helps Sam find a safe haven for the pack. His attitude towards finding out about Grace and Cole made me smile.

I really enjoyed reading Forever and cried a few times reading it, especially near the end. My only problem with Forever was the ending. I have read why Forever has finished like this but I would have loved to get a firm answer to what happened and get closure.

Maggie has outdone herself with this series, the emotions and tension played out in the book keep you on your toes wanting to know what happens next I will defiantly be reading any books that Maggie has wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...