Sunday, 2 October 2011

Review: The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz

Title: The Van Alen Legacy
Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Genre:Young Adult
Publication Date:USA:July 20th 2010|UK:1st April 2010
Description
With the stunning revelation surrounding Bliss's true identity comes the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods. Once left to live the glamorous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods now find themselves in an epic battle for survival. Not to worry, love is still in the air for the young vampires of the Upper East Side. Or is it? Jack and Schuyler are over. Oliver's brokenhearted. And only the cunning Mimi seems to be happily engaged.
Young, fanged, and fabulous, Melissa de la Cruz's vampires unite in this highly anticipated fourth installment of the Blue Bloods series


Review

I borrowed The Van Alen legacy off my friend, its taken a while to read as I only read it to and from work.  There were some parts that I was confused about who was who or what had happened but since its been a while since I last read Revelations then its understandable.

I really enjoyed revisiting Schuyler, Bliss, Mimi, Jack and Oliver again.
I enjoyed following Mimi and the other Venators to find Jordan, while also following Schuyler and Oliver as they try to stay hidden.

Thought I would get confused with all the jumping around of different characters but I managed to keep up with it all.
I felt sorry for Bliss with everything that had happened to her and with what was going on with the 'visitor' and I cried at her actions to save Schuyler but in the end of Bliss's chapter I was really happy with the truth finally coming out.

I never thought I would dislike a character as much as Mimi, but Kingsley has won the title. Through most of the book I disliked his actions to others, but his last moment he redeemed himself and made me change my mind for him and I really hope he can be saved.

I really enjoyed Melissa's writing and I am looking forward to making a start on the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...