Thursday, 10 November 2011

2012 Mount TBR Reading Challenge

Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2012 is hosted by My Readers Block


The rules:
*Once you choose your challenge level, you are locked in for at least that many books. If you find that you're on a mountain-climbing roll and want to tackle a taller mountain, then you are certainly welcome to upgrade.

*Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2012.

*You may sign up anytime from now until November 30th, 2012.

*Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2012. No ARCs (none), no library books. No rereads. [To clarify--based on a question raised--the intention is to reduce the stack of books that you have bought for yourself or received as presents {birthday, Christmas, "just because," etc.}. Audiobooks may count if they are yours and they are one of your primary sources of backlogged books.]

*Books may be used to count for other challenges as well.

*Feel free to submit your list in advance (as incentive to really get those books taken care of) or to tally them as you climb.

*A blog and reviews are not necessary to participate. If you have a blog, then please post a challenge sign up and link THAT post (not your home page) into the linky below. Non-bloggers, please leave a comment declaring your challenge level.

*A progress site for reviews will go up in January and I will post the link in my sidebar for easy access.


Challenge Levels

Pike's Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Vancouver: Read 25 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Ararat: Read 40 books from your TBR piles/s
Mt. Kilimanjaro: Read 50 books from your TBR pile/s
El Toro: Read 75 books from your TBR pile/s
Mt. Everest: Read 100+ books from your TBR pile/s


I have been severley neglecting my own shelves since I started this blog, I didn't realise how many books I would receive for review, not that I am complaining, I have gotten to read so many great books thanks to this blog, and I thought it would take me a while to get started so had this big plan of reading my own books and reviewing them.  I think I have only managed to read 7-10 of my own books which is very bad for me as I am a quick reader.
Having said that, since most of my books are packed for our upcoming move I don't know how many I have to read so I am starting off low with...

Pike's Peak: Read 12 books from your TBR pile

ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ

Books on my TBR pile

Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent
Last Breath by Rachel Caine
Dead of Night by Jonathan Maberry
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott
Enthralled Anthology
The Woven Path by Robin Jarvis
Looking for Alaska by John Green
The Poison Diaries:Nightshade by Wood Northumberland
Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson
North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
P.O.D by Stephen Wallenfels
The Declaration by Gemma Malley
Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting
After Obsession by Carri Jones & Steven E. Wedel
Wickedness by Deborah White
The Mediator Book 1 Love You to Death by Meg Cabot
The Mediator Book 2 High Stakes by Meg Cabot
The Mediator Book 3 Mean Spirits by Meg Cabot
The Mediator Book 4 Young Blood by Meg Cabot
The Mediator Book 5 Grave Doubts by Meg Cabot
The Mediator Book 6 Heaven Sent by Meg Cabot
Through the Storm by Maureen Lee
Rogue by Rachel Vincent
Shift by Rachel Vincent
Prey by Rachel Vincent
Pride by Rachel Vincent
Alpha by Rachel Vincent
Stray by Rachel Vincent
Red Glove by Holly Black
Restoring Harmony by Joelle Anthony
Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Full Dark No Stars by Stephen King
Flyaway by Lucy Christioher
The Vanishing of Katharina Linden by Helen Grant
Small Blue Thing by S. C. Ransom
Mister Creecher by Chris Priestley
The Night of the Solstice by L. J. Smith
Illicit Magic by Camilla Chafer (can also count towards my 2012 ebook challenge)
Jenny Pox by J. L. Bryan (can also count towards my 2012 ebook challenge)

[Progress will be shown on the page for 2012 Mount TBR Reading Pile]

7 comments:

  1. I keep repeating myself that I don't have to buy any books on my own every month because I have too many at home and a few I receive from Publishers and Authors, but do I ever listen to myself? Exactly! -.- So, that's why my TBR pile has been a huge Mountain since ever... Don't worry Michelle, step by step we're gonna rule our Mountains! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Silvia-I know the feeling, especailly when there are good bargins on like 3 for £10, or if I can get a complete set cheaper than buying them individual. I really can't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.: I can't wait for you to read the Shifter series by Rachel Vincent!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read a lot of those books, Shifters, Body Finder, Red Glove, Blood Bound, Last Breath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm attempting Mt Kilimanjaro for 2012 - 50 books! I hope my class schedule will cooperate with me for that!

    Good luck - can't wait to see what you think of the ones you read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the Challenge! So glad I've found a way to help us all with our towering mountains of TBRs! And glad to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...