Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Review: Cinder and Ella by Melissa Lemon

Title: Cinder and Ella
Author: Melissa Lemon
Genre: YA
Description
After their father’s disappearance, Cinder leaves home for a servant job at the castle. But it isn’t long before her sister Ella is brought to the castle herself—the most dangerous place in all the kingdom for both her and Cinder. Cinder and Ella is a Cinderella story like no other and one you'll never forget.



Review
I really don't know what to say about Cinder and Ella. I love the actual story of Cinderella so I really wanted to read this to see what twist had been done to write it. I don't know what I expected but it wasn't what I read.

We watch Cinder and Ella struggle with living with their family after their Father disapears and how they cope with it. We get to follow each girl as they go their seperate ways to either help or get away from their Mother and Sisters.

Although the girls do get their Happy Ever After, I found it hard to actually continue to read to see them get there.

Personally I think the main focus of Cinder and Ella is about family and the ups and downs, and less about the Happy Ever After.


[Book courtesy of Netgalley for an honest review]

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the title I was intrigued and like you thought of what re-imagining was done this time around for this familiar fairy tale but at the same time I was starting to be hesitant. Perhaps as you concluded yes, that could be the goal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...