Saturday, 19 November 2011

Review: Double Clutch by Liz Reinhardt

I am the 7th stop for Liz Reinhardt's Double Clutch blog tour hosted by Missy's Reads & Reviews and my post will be a review.

Title: Double Clutch
Author: Liz Reinhardt
Genre: Young Adult-Contemporary
Source: Liz herself
Publication Date: USA:Sept 6th 2011|UK:6th Sept 2011
Description
What happens when you fall for the perfect guy...twice...in one day?
Brenna Blixen spent her freshman year homeschooling in Denmark; now that she's back in the States, she's determined to make her sophomore year unforgettable. And by unforgettable, she imagined awesome classes, fun friendships, and maybe a little romance.
What she got was a whole lot of romance, and all at once.
The same day that dark, brooding Saxon Maclean charmed her with his killer good looks and whip-smart wit, Jake Kelly stole her breath away with his heart-wrenching smile and intelligent, thoughtful focus.
But Saxon is a proud player who makes it clear that he doesn't know why he can't get Brenna off of his mind and out of his system, and Jake's sweet and humble attitude hides a secret past life that might be darker and more complex than Brenna is willing to deal with.
Complicating the matter is the fact that Saxon and Jake were once best friends and are now arch-enemies...and the more Brenna finds out about their connection to each other, the more intrigued and worried she becomes.
Between keeping the peace with her lovingly over-protective parents, designing t-shirts for her high school's rising punk band, keeping up her grades in classes split between academic and technical high school, and running the track like a maniac, Brenna has enough to worry about with out juggling two guys who make her heart thud and drive her crazy all at once.
She has to make a choice, but how is she supposed to do that when giving her heart to one of them might mean breaking the other's?
[From goodreads]

Review
I got my copy of Double Clutch from Liz herself after she contacted me via a comment I made on another blog.  I was surprised that she contacted me but accepted straight away.  From reading the blurb I was really interested in Double Clutch and so excited to make a start on it.

Double Clutch follows Brenna, who has been home schooled in Denmark for a year, but has moved back to New Jersey with her Mum and Father.  In New Jersey she has to settle back into school, make friends again, and to top it all off, people think she is weird for doing share time, going to another school for half her education.  Here is where she meets Jake.  Brenna is torn between her feeling for good guy Jake who has a reputation, or Saxon, who is also occasionally involved with her friend Kelsie, all round bad guy who attends her usual school.  After agonising over who she likes she eventually makes her choice, and we get to watch Brenna as she experiences love for the first time, and new experiences with Jake.

From the moment I started reading Double Clutch I was hooked, it's not something I tend to read but I couldn't put it down when I started.  I enjoyed reading about how Brenna grows as a person and how she copes with things that are thrown at her.  Her emotions and feelings are things that you feel every day and you can sympathise with her with what she is going through.  I really liked how Jake becomes a better person for Brenna, and how they both make compromises with each other. I loved how Saxon was finally able to admit how he feels for Brenna, but also how he was there to support Jake in his motocross race, I hope they get to resolve their differences and get back to the friendship they had.

I really enjoyed reading Double Clutch and can't wait to follow Brenna and find out what happens next when book 2 is released.

If you want to check out the others blogs taking part in this tour the master list can be found at Missy's blog post here

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words and detailed review! I'm so glad you're a part of my blog tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally couldn't put down this book either!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...