Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Review: Flame of Surrender by Rhinnon Paille

Title: Flame of Surrender
Author: Rhiannon Paille
Genre: Young Adult
Source: Author through Bostick Communications
Publication Date:USA:Nov 1st 2011|UK:6th Oct 2011
Description
The boy who follows death meets the girl who could cause the apocalypse.
Krishani thinks he’s doomed until he meets Kaliel, the one girl on the island of Avristar who isn’t afraid of him. She’s unlike the other girls, she swims with merfolk, talks to trees and blooms flowers with her touch. What he doesn’t know is that she’s a flame, one of nine individually hand crafted weapons, hidden in the body of a seemingly harmless girl.
Nobody has fallen in love with a flame until now. She becomes Krishani’s refuge from the dreams of death and the weather abilities he can’t control. Striking down thousand year old trees with lightning isn’t something he tries to do, it just happens. When the Ferryman dies, Krishani knows that he’s the next and that a lifetime of following death is his destiny.
And Kaliel can’t come with him. The Valtanyana are hunting the flames, the safest place for her is Avristar. Krishani can’t bear to leave her, and one innocent mistake grants the Valtanyana access to their mystical island. They’re coming for Kaliel, and they won’t stop until every last living creature on Avristar is dead. She has to choose, hide, face them, or awaken the flame and potentially destroy herself.
[from goodreads]

Review
I got my copy of Flame of Surrender by Bostick Communications contacting me to join their database.  No sooner had I joined then I got the request to read and review Flame of Surrender.  The first thing that caught my attention was the cover.  How gorgeous is that cover, if I saw it in a shop I would defiantly stop and take a closer look.

I got Flame of Surrender a while ago but due to a long list of books I have only just gotten around to reading it.  This is the first offering I have read by Rhiannon and I wasn't disappointed.
I love the world that Rhiannon has built, the different races and their ways of life and how they "marry the land" rather than marrying another person.  I loved the characters, and although Flame of Surrender reminded me of Romeo and Juliet it is nothing like their world.  There is love, friendship, war and even people determined to mess things up for both characters for their own desire.

Rhiannon's descriptive writing made it easy for me to fall into the pages and imagine everything I read.  I am looking forward to reading what happens next with Kaliel and Krishani.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...