Monday, 14 November 2011

Review: Flying Blind by Deborah Cooke

Title: Flying Blind
Author: Deborah Cooke
Genre:Young Adult/Fantasy
Source: Publisher:Allison & Busby
Publication Date:USA:June 7th 2011|UK:31st Oct 2011
Description
Zoë Sorensson is perfectly normal, except she's been told she's destined for great things. Zoë's the one female dragon shapeshifter of her kind. But Zoë is at the bottom of the class when it comes to being Pyr and her powers are AWOL, so she's sent to a Pyr boot camp.
Zoë quickly realizes that she has to master her powers yesterday, because the Pyr are in danger and boot camp is a trap. The Mages want to eliminate all shifters and the Pyr are next in line-unless Zoë and her friends can work together and save their own kind.

[Taken from goodreads]

Review
When I first heard of Flying Blind its sounded really good and when I received it from Allison & Busby I was really happy however this was short lived.

Upon starting Flying Blind I wasn't impressed with the main character Zoë, to me she appeared self centred and wanted everything to revolve around her and the only good side I saw of her was protecting her friend from bullies, which then again got turned around to her.

I liked the plot line and idea behind Flying Blind, and some of the secondary characters a lot, but I have to admit the parts I liked best were the fighting, and when Zoë wasn't making it all about her again.

I disliked her attitude towards Isabelle just because she saw her as competition for the attention of Nick, even though a relationship with Nick herself would not have been able to go anywhere, and again thought so much of herself that she failed to stop and think about the rules.  I know that some spell was used to heighten this feeling, but if she didn't act like this in the first place then a lot of things that happened would not have happened.

I really struggled to read Flying Blind and wanted it to end but found myself continuing to read just to hope that it got better and Zoë changed her attitude, however I was sorely disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...