Sunday, 27 November 2011

Review: Seers by Heather Frost

Title: Seers
Author: Heather Frost
Genre: Paranormal
Source: Netgalley
Publication Date: USA:Oct 8th 2011|UK:8th Oct 2011
Description
For Kate Bennett, surviving the car wreck that killed her parents means big changes — and even bigger problems. As she begins to see auras and invisible people, Kate must learn to trust Patrick O'Donnell, a handsome Guardian, or risk her life being overrun with Demons. She soon realizes that both she and her heart are in big-time trouble.
[from goodreads]
Review
I read the description of Seers and immediately requested it from netgalley.  It has a lot of things I find interesting in it, auras, seers, guardians and was lucky to get accepted.  It has taken a while to get to this but I have managed to finish it in one sitting, I didn't want to stop or put it down.
Seers is about a girl called Kate, who survived a car wreck that killed her parents.  She now live with her Grandparents and two sisters.  But now she has a gift, she can see the auras of people around her but is too afraid to tell anyone about it, except her best friend Lee.  We follow Kate as she learns more about her gift and why the guardians are there.

Seers is a great read.  It kept me captivated from the minute I started it and could not put it down.  The story never gets too complicated to follow or too slow, and has just the right amount of things going on to keep me interested.  I loved the different personalities of the characters and how they all blended together to make an interesting mix of people. 
I liked how after having this life changing experience, Kate's life isn't the same, even down to the relationship with her boyfriend, and after Patrick comes on the scene, it is only made more obvious that her relationship with Aaron isn't going anywhere, not matter how hard she tries to keep things normal.  Although I have to admit that I thought Aaron was selfish for expecting things to jump right back like nothing had changed, and didn't like his attitude towards Kate when things didn't go according to his plan.  I  really like how Lee stood by Kate like a true best friend and although she knew about Kate's gift, didn't change how she acted around her, in fact she helped Kate see the truth.

My favourite character has to be Toni, he had me laughing whenever he was involved with the storyline, and even though some of things he did we illegal, the reasons why he did things had me laughing.

Heather Frost has managed to create a world that has the ability to draw you in and not let you go till you have finished and I am really looking forward to finding out what happens next when the next book is out.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...