Thursday, 3 November 2011

Review:The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Title: The Iron Queen
Author: Julie Kagawa
Genre:Young Adult/Fantasy
Source: Mira Ink
Publication Date:USA:Jan 25th 2011|UK:21st Oct 2011
Description
In less than twenty four hours, I'll be seventeen. Although, technically, I won't actually be turning seventeen. I've been in the Nevernever too long. When you're in Faery, you don't age. So while a year has passed in the real world, agewise I'm probably only a few days older than when I went in. In real life, I've changed so much I don't even recognize myself. My name is Meghan Chase. I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it. This time, there will be no turning back.

Review
I love The Iron Fey series, so when Mira Ink contacted me regarding reviewing The Iron Queen as part of their blog tour I jumped at the chance.

I have really enjoyed seeing how the characters have developed and changed over the span of the last few books, even more so in The Iron Queen. We get to see characters make tough decisions, that may not have been the choice they wanted to make, but made it for the right reasons anyway. Most of all I have loved seeing how Meghan has grown, not only as a person, but how her own fey abilities have matured too.

Meghans new abilities use both Summer and Iron magic, although she is trying to wield both Summer and Iron magic she doesn't have much success till she gets a helpful hand of a surprising person. Her Iron magic makes it easier for her to control Iron related fey, like gremlins, which come in very handy later on.  I also enjoyed watching her relationship develop with Ash, and how close they become and being able to sense the other near them.  But the sacrifices they both make had me crying and I hope things are resolved in The Iron Knight

One thing I didn't like how Puck had mislead Meghan, but I did feel sorry for how he was treated because of it. But he makes up for this when he realises Meghan has chosen Ash over him, and moves aside to make way for Ash but promising to be there for Meghan.
The banter between Ash and Puck had me laughing a lot, they may not agree on a lot of things and want to fight at every opportunity, but they are so funny.

Julie Kagawa spins a story with so much creativity it's hard not to fall into the pages and not get lost in them, she makes not only the characters, but also the world believable, like you can reach out and touch it with your hands.  The Iron Queen has got to be my favourite out of the series so far and I am really looking forward to reading The Iron Knight.

My favourite quote out of the whole book has to be
You are my heart, my life, my entire existence.




2 comments:

  1. My favorite in the Iron Fey series by far! Even better than the Iron Knight in my opinion! I'm so glad you loved it. And THAT ENDING... WOW(:

    -Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the quote^^
    i hope to able to read this serie soon after your review i'm not so patient anymore^^;;

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...