Thursday, 15 December 2011

Review: Junk Miles by Liz Reinhardt

Title: Junk Miles
Author: Liz Reinhardt
Genre: Young Adult
Source: Author
Publication Date: USA:Nov 16th 2011|UK:16th Nov 2011
Description
Kissing someone other than your boyfriend is cheating.

But what about thinking about kissing someone other than your boyfriend?

What about thinking about it a lot?

Brenna Blixen has the perfect boyfriend. He's sweet, sexy, loyal, and sure that Brenna is the best thing that's ever happened to him. But being the perfect girlfriend isn't as easy as Brenna thought it would be, and the pressure that comes with trying to be Jake's everything is beginning to weigh on her. When her mother surprises her with a trip to Paris over winter break, she's torn. She anticipated spending her vacation snuggling with Jake Kelly, ice-skating, drinking cocoa, and relaxing...but what girl in her right mind would turn down a trip to Paris?

Things only get more confusing when she winds up unexpectedly and unavoidably thrown into Saxon Maclean's arms in the City of Lights. Far away from the comfort and stability she finds at Jake's side, Brenna faces down the feelings that have been swirling through her since the day she laid eyes on Saxon. Is it fair for her to call herself Jake's girlfriend when she has so many unresolved feelings about someone else?

Brenna is determined to figure it all out, even if it means making some of the hardest decisions of her entire life. She also learns that every single thing she does has rippling repercussions, some that fill her with total regret. By the time she figures out what her heart truly wants, she realises that she may not be able to have it after all.
[from goodreads]
Review
I think I fell in love with Jake even more after reading the beginning of this book, he has got to be a great example of a perfect boyfriend.  I really wanted to reach in and grab Brenna and give her  shake and show her how lucky she is to have Jake and how she ruined it all by her feelings for Saxon that wouldn't go away.

I disliked Saxon for how he acted with Brenna and always being in her face which made her relationship with Jake fall apart.  But also Brenna is not so innocent and she could have tried harder to ignore Saxon.  At one point in the book I disliked Jake for how he acted towards Brenna, and felt sorry for her, but after everything that happened I do think she deserved what she got. 

Liz has captivated me again with her writing, not only with the emotions running through my mind as I read but also with her descriptive writing and imagery, it felt like i was actually in the places the book describes.  The more I read of Junk Miles the more I could relate to the characters feelings and emotions even though I may not agree with what they are doing.  I have enjoyed watching the characters grow into themselves some more and I am really looking forward to the third book being released.


Make sure to come back tomorrow to check out my interview with Liz and a giveaway of her books.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh i need to read this.. i need to put it on my reading schedule :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...