Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Title: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Genre: Young Adult
Source: Publisher
Publication Date:USA:Jan 2nd 2012|UK:5th Jan 2012
Description
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?
Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18B. Hadley's in 18A.
Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.
[from goodreads]
Review
I really enjoyed reading The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, it's the first book I have read by Jennifer and I intend to find more of her books to read.  The Statistical Probability is a light read that I could not put down.

I thought Oliver was a great character in the book and love how he keeps Hadley company on the flight and tries to distract her and make the flight more fun.  Oliver is travelling for reasons of his own and its not till the end that we get confirmation of his reason.  I enjoyed getting to see the relationship between them grow into friendship in just a few short hours and loved how we got to see more of it after the flight.

I liked watching the different choices Hadley makes and how they affect others, but most of all I love how she finally chooses to accept her step-mother as someone who will be in her life.

I laughed and cried reading The Statistical Probability and was hooked from the moment I began reading.  It was easy to fall into the world of the characters and feel the emotions they portrayed and was sad when it came to an end, whether it was a happy or sad ending I am not going to tell.  You have to buy a copy to find out.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this one so much that I ordered a finished copy right after finishing it. I think it's already on it's way to me - yay! :D

    Great review! I'm really glad you enjoyed it, too. This is such a beautiful story - I definitely need more of these! :)

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god I simply LOVED this one! And I agree Oliver was a wonderful character. Great review Michelle!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...