Sunday, 1 January 2012

2012 Challenges

Last year I participated in 2 challenges.  The goodreads challenge where I challenged myself to read 100, my last count was 157.  I also took part in A-Z Reading Challenge.

This year I am taking part in 3 challenges.

A-Z Reading Challenge

The A-Z Reading Challenge is hosted by Gripped into Books and here are the rules as posted on their blog.

How to enter
Create a list on your blog or Goodreads with your list of books. You can create a list of books that you want to read or start a blank list and add the books as you read them. Once you have created your list come back here and add it to the linky below! Make sure that you post it on the same blog/Goodreads that you are going to post your reviews on throughout the year.

Rules:
You need to be a book blogger or have a GoodReads account.
Any book fictional book released in 2012 will count towards the challenge. MG, Young Adult or Adult.
Make a blog post/Goodreads list on the books you plan on reading and then link back here.
Sign ups end at June 2012

Click on the button at the top of this post to be directed to the sign up post.

ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ

Mount TBR Reading Challenge
Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2012 is hosted by My Readers Block

The rules:
*Once you choose your challenge level, you are locked in for at least that many books. If you find that you're on a mountain-climbing roll and want to tackle a taller mountain, then you are certainly welcome to upgrade.

*Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2012.

*You may sign up anytime from now until November 30th, 2012.

*Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2012. No ARCs (none), no library books. No rereads. [To clarify--based on a question raised--the intention is to reduce the stack of books that you have bought for yourself or received as presents {birthday, Christmas, "just because," etc.}. Audiobooks may count if they are yours and they are one of your primary sources of backlogged books.]

*Books may be used to count for other challenges as well.

*Feel free to submit your list in advance (as incentive to really get those books taken care of) or to tally them as you climb.

*A blog and reviews are not necessary to participate. If you have a blog, then please post a challenge sign up and link THAT post (not your home page) into the linky below. Non-bloggers, please leave a comment declaring your challenge level.

*A progress site for reviews will go up in January and I will post the link in my sidebar for easy access.

ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ

2012 EBook Challenge

The 2012 E-book Challenge is hosted by Workaday Reads.

Challenge Guidelines:
1.This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 - Dec 31, 2012.
2.Anyone can join, you don't need to be a blogger. If you don't have a blog, feel free to sign-up in the comments. You can post reviews to any book site (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Goodreads, etc).
3.Any genre or length of book counts, as long as it is in ebook format.
4.You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
5.When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the E-Book Reading Challenge.
6.You can move up levels, but no moving down.
7.Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.

ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ.•°*”˜˜”*°•.ƸӜƷ

If goodreads do a reading challenge for 2012 I will participate in that too.

The challenges I have signed up for look a lot of work, but luckily some of my ebooks can also count towards my TBR pile, and the ARCS I have for reviews aren't actually released till 2012 so that covers a few for my A-Z challenge.
I have actually slowed down my netgalley requests to give me more time to read my own book.

Are you participating in any challenges this year, leave a comment/link and let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome challenges! :) I'm participating in other ones, but I love seeing other challenges, too. Although the TBR Pile Reading Challenge I'm participating in is quite similar to the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. :D

    Good Luck (and a Happy New Year), my dear! :)
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all three of them, Michelle!!!
    I know you can do it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...