Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Review: Dancergirl by Carol M. Tanzman

Title: Dancergirl
Author: Carol M. Tanzman
Genre: Young Adult
Source: Netgalley
Publication Date: USA:Nov 15th 2011|UK:15th Nov 2011
Description
Ever feel like someone's watching you? Me, too. But lately it's been happening in my room.
When I'm alone.

A friend posted a video of me dancing online, and now I'm no longer Alicia Ruffino. I'm dancergirl. And suddenly it's like me against the world—everyone's got opinions.

My admirers want more, the haters hate, my best friend Jacy—even he's acting weird. And some stalker isn't content to just watch anymore.

Ali. Dancergirl. Whatever you know me as, however you've seen me online, I've trained my whole life to be the best dancer I can be. But if someone watching has their way, I could lose way more than just my love of dancing. I could lose my life.
[from goodreads]
Review
I have seen Dancergirl on a few other blogs and was at first reluctant to request a copy.  But after hearing a lot of positive things about it I went ahead and requested and got accepted.

From the moment I started Dancergirl I was hooked and even though it isn't my typical type of book to read I devoured it, I could not put it down.  Dancergirl follows Ali who is caught in a film by a friend at a concert.  The film is then posted online and Ali becomes a huge hit and gains the title Dancergirl.  More videos are posted that have been put together and apart from being recognised all is going well for Ali until a video is posted of her dancing in her room and she finds someone taping her through her window.

Dancergirl is a great read that is not only full of twists and turns about who the culprit is, but also the ups and downs of every day life for Ali.  I had my guesses about who the culprit was but I never guessed it right.  I loved the different relationships she had with her friends, especially the antagonistic one with her neighbour, and friend forever, Jacy. 
Although Dancergirl was a quick read for me it is jam packed full of storyline and different plots, that were easy to follow, I never wanted it to end and I am really looking forward to the release of book 2 this year.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you liked this! I was very positively surprised by this book and definitely need to get a finished copy of this sometime this year. :D

    Great review!
    Carina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...