Thursday, 5 January 2012

Review: Supernaturally by Kiersten White

Title: Supernaturally
Author: Kiersten White
Genre: Young Adult
Source: Publisher
Publication Date: USA:Jul 26th 2011|UK:5th Jan 2012
Description
Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.
But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.
So much for normal.
[from goodreads]
Review
I have been waiting to read Supernaturally for a long time, even longer since I live in UK and as soon as I had it in my hands I dove straight in.
I love Evie's expectations of normal life are not at all what she imagined, especially since she based them off her favourite TV show, Easton Heights, and her reactions to 'normal' things she was expected to do had me laughing.

IPCA is back and wants to recruit Evie as a temporary contract employee and with the help of a new employee Jack, they are still able to use the faerie paths to get around to assignments.  More bagging and tagging of vampires and hunting down trolls and Evie even gets to meet a unicorn, but its not all sparkles and glitter and nice things.  In fact the unicorn has a mottled brown coat, grey horn and shabby mattered hair.  After reading this description of the unicorn I laughed so hard

One of the most anticipated moments had to be when Evie gets to meet her father and learns about her true parentage.  My heart broke for her and I just wanted to grab Evie and give her a hug, but most of all I really admire her for how she dealt with the situation.
On top of all this Evie is dealing with her feelings for Lend and what she thinks will happen in the future.  With disagreements, secrets and lies will they be able to keep their relationship going or will it all be too much.

Kiersten has yet again wrote a great book for all ages to enjoy.  I had a lot of fun reading it and although Evie is the complete opposite of me she has got to be one of my favourite characters out of all the books I read and I really can't wait for Endlessly to be released.

My favourite quote out of the whole book is this one. I am not saying where about it appears so you have to read Supernaturally to find out.
"The only life I want is one with you.  I don't understand this gap you see between us, but can't you meet me somewhere in the middle?"
"The middle of what?"
"I don't know, the middle of tomorrow and forever, the middle of life and death, the middle of normal and paranormal.  Where we've always been."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...