Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Review:Fracture by Megan Miranda

Title: Fracture
Author: Megan Miranda
Genre: Young Adult
Source: Publisher
Publication Date: USA:Jan 17th 2012|UK:5th Jan 2012
Description
By the time Delaney Maxwell was pulled from a Maine lake’s icy waters by her best friend, Decker Phillips, her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead.
But somehow Delaney survived—despite the brain scans that show irreparable damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be fine, but she knows she’s far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can’t control or explain, Delaney now finds herself drawn to the dying, and when she meets Troy Varga, a boy who recently emerged from a coma with the same abilities, she is relieved to share this strange new existence. Unsure if her altered brain is predicting death or causing it, Delaney must figure out if their gift is a miracle, a freak of nature—or something else much more frightening….
[from goodreads]

Review
From the moment I started Fracture I was hooked straight away.  Delaney "died" but somehow managed to survive but now something strange is going on.  The only person who who has an idea of what is happening is Troy, but can he be trusted.

I love Decker, he is always there for Delaney, and even through the rough patch in their friendship he still goes running to help.  I felt sorry for Delaney when she felt like everyone was against her, her parents, her friends, Decker, and the only person she can turn to is Troy who isn't exactly the model citizen he makes out to be.
I loved the idea behind Fracture, even more so with the strange things happening with Delaney.  I have not read a book with this type of plot and thoroughly enjoyed reading it.  I liked the ability that Delaney has, and although nothing can be done for others, Delaney tries to make things right.  I still don't know if it is a miracle, freak of nature or something more frightening, but I know I would not like her ability myself.

Megan has managed to write an amazing book that people of all ages will enjoy. Fracture kept me captivated and wanting to find out what would happen next. 
I read Fracture in one sitting, and took about two hours to read, I could not put it down. 
Megan is one author who I look forward to reading more from. 

Under the cut is a great book trailer for Fracture.



3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this so much, because I loved it, too. It's a very unique and different novel... :) Great review!

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the trailer was love at first sight, now I can't wait to see my reaction with the book!
    Great review, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this one!
    Loving the new look of the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...