Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Review: Forbidden by Jana Oliver

Title: Forbidden (Demon Trappers #2)
Author: Jana Oliver
Author Info:|Website|Twitter|Facebook|Blog|
Genre: Young Adult
Source: Won from Franny|Mind Reader
Publication Date:USA:Aug 30th 2011|UK:5th Aug 2011
Tell Me About It
Riley Blackthorne is beginning to learn that there are worse things than death by demon. And love is just one of them…

Seventeen-year-old Riley has about had it up to here. After the devastating battle at the Tabernacle, trappers are dead and injured, her boyfriend Simon is gravely injured, and now her beloved late father’s been illegally poached from his grave by a very powerful necromancer. As if that’s not enough, there's Ori, one sizzling hot freelance demon hunter who’s made himself Riley’s unofficial body guard, and Beck, a super over-protective “friend” who acts more like a grouchy granddad. With all the hassles, Riley’s almost ready to leave Atlanta altogether.
But as Atlanta’s demon count increases, the Vatican finally sends its own Demon Hunters to take care of the city’s “little” problem, and pandemonium breaks loose. Only Riley knows that she might be the center of Hell’s attention: an extremely powerful Grade 5 demon is stalking her, and her luck can't last forever…
[from goodreads]
My Thoughts
Forbidden picks up straight where it left of in Forsaken.  After the disaster in the tabernacle demon hunters are brought in to get the demon population under control, in other words to kill them.  Riley is still looking for her Father and her relationship with Simon is going from bad to worse.  To add to her ever growing list of things to do she is also investigating the problems with the Holy water

I started Forbidden straight after I finished reading Forsaken and didn't put it down till I had finished it.  I love seeing how the characters are growing, even more so with Riley, and how new relationships are formed or old enemies are finally seeing eye to eye with Riley.  I have a few characters that I really dislike in this book and I hope they get their comeuppance in book 3.

Ori has finally revealed his secret, and leaves Riley not only heartbroken, but also with a decision to make.  I had mixed feelings about Ori from the start and thought there was something dodgy with him, and after reading Forbidden my suspicions were confirmed.

I didn't think it was possible to fall in love with characters any more than I already have, but reading Forbidden has made me like some characters even more, and surprisingly I am starting to like Mort.
I have just received a copy of book 3 so I am diving straight in as I can't wait to see what happens next.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...