Thursday, 9 February 2012

Review: Never To Sleep by Rachel Vincent

Title: Never To Sleep (Soul Screamers Novella)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Genre: Young Adult
Source: Purchased By Myself
Publication Date:USA:1st Jan 2012
Tell Me About It
Don't Close Your Eyes.

Sophie Cavanaugh is not going to let her freak of a cousin's strange psychiatric condition ruin high school for them both. Not after all the work she's put into cultivating the right look, and friends, and reputation. But then, Sophie sees something so frightening she lets out a blood-curdling scream—and finds herself stuck in a bizarre parallel world where nothing is safe and deadly creatures lurk just out of sight, waiting for her to close her eyes and sleep...forever.

Could this world be real? Or does insanity run in the family...?

[from goodreads]
My Thoughts
I love the Soul Screamers series so was really happy to see this new novella from Rachel Vincent and jumped at the chance to buy a copy as soon as it became available.
Never To Sleep is a short novella set within If I Die time frame and is told from Sophie's point of view.
**SPOILER ALERT**
please be aware that this review may contain spoilers for If I Die so read at your own risk.

Sophie is helping collect dance uniforms for dance team and literally bumps into Luca.  After making a detour to avoid Tod and Kaylee they end up finding a dead walking body, with no soul. 
This scares Sophie, which results in her screaming and being transported to the Netherworld.
Sophie meets a few familiar faces and creatures to us, and learns of other supernatural beings and unknowingly discovers a new talent of her own, which we have yet to learn more about how she copes with it.  We are also introduced to Luca, who is a necromancer, and I am looking forward to what role he plays in the next book Before I Wake.

I could not put this book down once I had started it and I am glad I had If I Die to read as I don't think I would be able to wait for it to come out, but now I am waiting for Before I Wake to be released and it can't come any faster.  Rachel has managed to write another amazing book that keeps you reading from start to finish and keeps you wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...