Sunday, 5 February 2012

Review: The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker

Title: The Other Life
Author: Susanne Winnacker
Genre: Dystopia
Source: Publisher
Publication Date: USA:Feb 1st 2012|UK:1st Feb 2012
Tell Me About It
3 years, 1 month, 1 week and 6 days since I’d seen daylight. One-fifth of my life. 98,409,602 seconds since the heavy, steel door had fallen shut and sealed us off from the world

Sherry has lived with her family in a sealed bunker since things went wrong up above. But when they run out of food, Sherry and her dad must venture outside. There they find a world of devastation, desolation...and the Weepers: savage, mutant killers.

When Sherry's dad is snatched, she joins forces with gorgeous but troubled Joshua - an Avenger, determined to destroy the Weepers.
But can Sherry keep her family and Joshua safe, when his desire for vengeance threatens them all?
[from goodreads]
My Thoughts
I have had my eye on The Other Life since I first head about it and was ecstatic when I received a copy from the publisher.
The Other Life is set in Los Angeles, where an infection of rabies has broken out, Los Angeles was sectioned off from other States and all people were advised to hide till advised to come out.  After 3 years has passed and still no word from the government or any other person, Sherry and her Father venture out to find food, and discover the devastation left behind.  No food, no people, nothing but empty roads.  After finding a store, they go in to get food for their family and Sherry's Father ends up being captured by Weepers, and only by being rescued by Joshua, does Sherry survive and eventually goes back to get her family.

From the moment I started The Other Life I was hooked, and even though I planed things in my head of what would happen next, things never did and I was constantly surprised by what happened.  I thought that near the end it was their 'happy ever after' and they would be safe, then BAM something happens that blows me away and once again I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next.  Things are revealed by some characters that I didn't expect and I can't wait to see how they play out in the next book.

I thoroughly enjoyed The Other Life and Susanne has done an amazing job for her debut book.  If you haven't read it yet then you need to get hold of a copy.

Below is the trailer for it.

2 comments:

  1. I loved The Other Life, I completley agree about how it hooks you in, fab review :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. books


    Nice post,good information share about books.Thanks sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...