Thursday, 16 February 2012

Review: Sleeping Tigers by Holly Robinson

Title: Sleeping Tigers
Author: Holly Robinson
Source: Author
Publication Date: USA:Dec 28th 2011|UK:Dec 28th 2011
Tell Me About It
Jordan O'Malley has everything she ever wanted: a job she loves, a beautiful home, and a dependable boyfriend. When her life unravels after a breast cancer scare, Jordan decides to join her wildest childhood friend in San Francisco and track down her drifter brother, Cam, who harbors secrets of his own.
When Cam suddenly flees the country, Jordan follows, determined to bring him home. Her journey takes her to the farthest reaches of majestic Nepal, where she encounters tests—and truths—about love and family that she never could have imagined.
Funny, heartbreaking, and suspenseful, Sleeping Tigers reminds us all that sometimes it's better to follow your heart instead of a plan
[from goodreads]
My Thoughts
Sleeping Tigers follows Jordan as she builds a new life for herself.  After surviving breast cancer and breaking up from her boyfriend, she goes to San Francisco, tracks down her brother and finds things she never expected to find.

When the author contacted me regarding a review I happily accepted.  When she sent me the cover in an email I fell in love with it.  It's so bright and colourful and definitely stands out.
From the moment I opened Sleeping Tigers I fell in love with the writing and after we get to hear Jordan's story I really felt sorry for her, but thought she was so brave for ending the life she knew to start afresh by herself.  I would never have the courage to do what she did. 
I admire her for how she takes in Cam's child and cares for her like she was her own and the bravery it took to travel across the world alone to find Cam and get custody is something I really would not have been able to do.
I loved the descriptive writing used to describe not only the beauty of the places Jordan visits, but also the devastation of the state of her brother when she finds him.  It was easy to feel the emotions being portrayed in Sleeping Tigers and I look forward to seeing what else Holly offers us in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...