Saturday, 25 February 2012

Review: Twilight Tales by J. T. Holden

Title: Twilight Tales: A Collection of Chilling Poems
Author: J. T. Holden
Source: Kuro Books
Publication Date:November 8th 2011
Tell Me About It
From the critically acclaimed author of Alice in Verse: The
Lost Rhymes of Wonderland
comes a chilling collection of rhyming poetry perfect for Halloween...or any other dark and spooky night. From the creepy jingles of Shadows in Nursery and the eerie angst of The Darkening 'Tweens to the malevolently poetic odes of Medieval Maladies and the sweeping chillers of The Epic Tales, J.T. Holden’s Twilight Tales offers a deliciously wicked mix of frightening fare!
My Thoughts
I will be the first to admit that I don't read poetry of any form, but when the chance came to read Twilight Tales I thought I would give it a try.  Granted it is poetry, but its 'chilling poems' so I was curious to see how poetry could be made 'chilling'.

It didn't take me long to read Twilight Tales but I found myself enjoying it.  My first thoughts we how much I love the cover, it may be simple but it is very eye catching and I would defiantly stop and pick this up if it were in a shop to see what it was about.

I have a few favourite poems from this book; Mary Worth, Mikey and Little Grey.  The poems are split up into different sections, and each section had its own bit of artwork with it, which only enhanced the poems more. 
At the back of the book there is a selection of artwork that was originally planned for the poems but ended up not suiting other artwork so they have their own section.  Again these pieces of art are as equally amazing as the other pieces.

Anyone looking for a quick light read should pick up a copy of Twilight Tales whether you like poetry or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...