Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Desperately Wanting Wednesday

Now that I have access to the internet again I can start to get a schedule in place that I hope to stick to, and start to add in a few features to break up the monotomey of constant reviews.

My first feature to start off the new schedule is also my first time in participating in it.

Desperatly Wanting Wednesday, hosted by Parajunkee's View
Desperatly Wanting Wednesday is not only for releases that I’m waiting on, it’s also for already released novels that I just haven’t purchased yet, or gotten to.
Desperatly Wanting Wednesday is hosted by parajunkie 




Magic to the Bone by Devon Monk
Using magic meant it used you back. Forget the fairy-tale, hocus-pocus, wave a wand and bling-o, sparkles and pixie dust crap. Magic, like booze, sex, and drugs, gave as good as it got.

Everything has a cost. And every act of magic exacts a price from its user - maybe a two-day migraine, or losing the memory of your first kiss. But some people want to use magic without paying, and they Offload the cost onto innocents. When that happens, it falls to a Hound to identify the spell's caster - and Allison Beckstrom's the best there is.

Daughter of a prominent Portland businessman, Allie would rather moonlight as a Hound than accept the family fortune - and the strings that come with it. But when she discovers a little boy dying from a magic Offload that has her father's signature all over it, Allie is thrown into the high-stakes world of corporate espionage and black magic.

Now Allie's out for the truth - and must call upon forces that will challenge everything she knows, change her in ways she could never imagine ... and make her capable of things that powerful people will do anything to control.

I got a chance to 'look inside' this book at amazon and the little bit I read had me hooked. The books are being printed in the UK now so although I desperatley want this book I am going to wait till more books are printed over here.


What are you Desperately Wanting?

1 comment:

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...