Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Review: The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake by Mary Parker

Title: The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake
Author: Mary Parker
Author Info: Website|Facebook
Source: WordCrafts Press
Publication Date:USA:Jan 2nd 2012|UK:2nd Jan 2012
Tell Me About It
I'm a normal teenager. I have a normal teenage life with normal teenage problems. The summer is my heaven. I live with my mom during the summer months. We stay in her tiny condo in Jacksonville, Florida. My parents split up when I was little. I'm not sure why. My mom never talks about it. Whatever it was, it was bad enough to make my mom pack me up in the middle of the night when I was four years old and run to my Gran's condo. My mom got the condo after Gran died. From that time on all I had known my entire life was beach life. Until four years ago. Until my uncle found me.
[from goodreads]
My Thoughts
Leeowyn lives with her Mum until her Uncle comes to visit, Leeowyn's time is then split between her Mums house and her Uncles estate.  This routine continues until Leeowyns 18th birthday, when the family secret is revealed.
From the moment I started reading The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake I had to know why her Uncle visiting would change things, then when the family secret is revealed I had to know what she was going to do about it.  I could not put this book down and when it was over part of me was disappointed and the other part wanted to know what happens next.

The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake is the first book by Mary Parker and she does not disappoint.  We are taken on an emotional ride along with Leeowyn as she falls in love, has her heart broken and suffers a great loss.  Through parts of the book I was on the edge of my seat with the tension that is portrayed. 
Leeowyn is portrayed as an average person down to earth person and this makes it easy to believe her thoughts and feelings, and even when she is no longer average you still want to cheer her on with whatever tasks she has to do.  I love the characters that we get to meet, my favourite one being Peach, although Rodrick had me laughing at some of the ways he taught Leeowyn.

Although there is no sign of book 2, title or release date, I am eagerly awaiting it's release to find out what happens next.


Come back tomorrow to check out the interview Mary did for Much Loved Books, and also a giveaway of an ebook of The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...