Friday, 9 March 2012

Review: Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Title: Catching Jordan
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Author Info: Website|Twitter|Facebook
Genre:  Young Adult
Source: Carina @ Fictional Distraction
Format: Paperback
Publication Date:USA:Dec 1st 2011|UK:1st Dec 2011
Tell Me About It
What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starting position... suddenly she's hoping he'll see her as more than just a teammate.
[from goodreads]
My Thoughts
Jordan is captain and quarterback of her school football team but when new player, Troy, comes to school she is worried about her place on the team.  After a while Jordan discovers she has feelings for him, but when they finally get together her friendship with Sam suffers.  Torn between her feelings for Troy and her friendship with Sam, what will Jordan do?

I have had my eye on Catching Jordan from the moment I heard about it and quickly made a sure I found room for it between my review books.  Once I started I could not stop reading and managed to finish the book in a few hours. 
Although the main plot is around football, the side plots of friendship and romance seamlessley fit in and make Catching Jordan a great read.  The characters all had thier own personality and I enjoyed reading how they interact with each other.  Jordan, the main protagonist, is not only a likeable character, but also beleivable, and being faced with doubts and insercurites like everyone in reel life is makes it even more easier to realte to her. 
I really felt sorry for Jordan with her issues with her father, and even though the reason for this is told later on in the book, couldn't help but dislike her father for how he treats Jordan compared to how he is with his son.

Overall I think Catching Jordan is a great read wether you like the genre, book plot or not and I can't wait for the companion book, Stealing Parker, to be released later this year.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this one too!!! I'm super excited for Stealing Parker because I love baseball even more than football, so it should be a good one! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...