Sunday, 29 April 2012

Stacking The Shelves #1


[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]
Welcome to the very first Stacking The Shelves post!

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

In light of recent goings on in the bloggersphere I am making the decision not to participate in In My Mailbox, but have discovered a new one 'Stacking The Shelves'.  Just click on the picture to be taken to Tynga's Reviews.

This week I have received...


Glitch by Heather Anastasiu from netgalley
The Glimpse by Claire Merle from netgalley
Blackbirds by Chuck Wendig from netgalley

Shift by Kim Curran from netgalley
Insurgent by Veronica Roth from HarperCollins
The Weight of Water by Sarah Crossan from Sister Spooky with some awesome postcards & bookmarks.


I also picked up a cover for my eReader which I have had since last year but never had a cover for, which also meant it never left my house.  Now hopefully with some careful planning (travel sickness tablets) I can carry this when I have to travel a long distance (days out, blogging events)


I have been trying not to request from netgalley but these books caught my eye and I had to read them. The good thing is most are for release June, August and Sept so I have some time to read them.

I am so ecstatic Insurgent came, I get books sent to my Mum's house so when she text me telling me I had a book from HarperCollins I practically skipped from work to her house hoping it was Insurgent.  I may have done a little happy dance when I opened the envelope which caused her to laugh at me.



What did you get this week?

21 comments:

  1. Lol. Insurgent tends to do that. I did it too. I know right?! Netgalley is totally irresistible. Awesome haul! :D

    Drop by My Mailbox?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you got Insurgent! Are you totally going to dive in? I still need to read Divergent! (I know, I'm a horrible book blogger!) Nice haul this week!


    Here's my post ~ My Week in Books!

    Happy reading!

    Megan @ The Girly Bookworm (old follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you feel my jealousy, hun? ISURGENT! Aaaah, dying to read it so badly. Got an e-mail from TBD last week that the pre-order is in, but they haven't shipped it yet. Aaaargh. :D
    Got GLITCH this week, too, and can't wait to find out whether it's as awesome as it sounds. And YAY! for a cover for your eReader - I love taking my Kindle with me everywhere I go. ♥

    Have a fabulous week, my dear!
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Insurgent and The Glimpse! I'm trying to cut down on NetGalley requests and review copy requests in general as well - I still have so many books to catch up with!

    Great haul!
    Here's my Showcase Sunday post for this week.

    Happy reading!
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits, and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super lucky!! Go Insurgent! Hahahaha (:

    I got Glitch and Shift from NetGalley too! Can't wait to hear what you think about them (:

    Check out my Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul!
    I also refused to leave the house with my Kindle until I got a cover for it. I was terrified something would happen to it in my bag.

    Here's my Stacking Post. Stop by if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books this week. I bought a cover for my kindle as soon as I bought it so that I could take it everywhere I went if needed. Best idea! Some beautiful covers too.

    Happy Reading :)
    Here's my Showcase Sunday post: http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/showcase-sunday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover for Blackbirds - it's so striking! I'm purposely avoiding netgalley at the moment until I'm caught up with all the books I already have from them, but you've definitely made me want to check out the latest offerings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha I may have also participated in an Insurgent happy dance this week.
    I love the look of that Blackbirds book too.
    Happy Reading. New follower

    http://www.besottedwithbooks.net/2012/04/showcase-sunday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooooh, I definitely have book envy! Glitch and Insurgent look amazing!

    I hope you enjoy all your new books!

    Here's the link to my STS:
    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2012/04/stacking-shelves-april-29-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. enjoy all
    cool reader cover

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! I´m jealous of Insurgent, can´t wait to read it.
    Enjoy your books.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh I like that purple cover for your eReader! Very nice!! and really cool cover for Insurgent!!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Michele | Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so jealous that you have Insurgent! I can't wait to read it because I just read Divergent so I'm so eager to get my hands on it! Here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-32.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab haul. I've still got an IMM this week, as I was way behind on what's been happening this week! Can't wait to get my mitts on Insurgent :-)~ Glitch really looks good, I've just requested it on Netgalley.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want to read Glitch but I'm trying to avoid NetGalley, since I have enough books to read at the moment! I hope you enjoy it. :D

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your new cover and Glitch is on my wishlist. I cannot wait to read Insurgent. Lovely week..enjoy. You can read my news on The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you had a yummy week!!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1992

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool! What kind of ereader is that? I own a Kindle and afterwards never cared to look into what's out there. Like when you get a new cellphone and two weeks later there is a new one for the same price with better features? Yeah. I avoid that. XD

    Very great haul! Insurgent alone makes me want to cry. Need it. Now.

    Patricia // My Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh so lovely books there. I'm still waiting for my copy of Insurgent to arrive. Hopefully it will be soon. I'm trying to cut down on the Netgalley books I'm requesting, I really do have plenty to catch up on.

    Thanks for visiting Chocolate Chunky Munkie and commenting on My Showcase Sunday post

    xx Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't like that cover of Insurgent for some reason. Idk why lol. The Glimpse and Glitch look good. Hope you enjoy all your books! My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...