Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Review: Redemption by L A Kuehlke


Title: Redemption
Author: L A Kuehlke
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Paranormal
 Source: Author
 Format: Paperback
Publication Date: USA:Jan 18th 2012|UK:13th Jan 2012

Tell Me About It
Five days. He could have five days of Cassidy and her world. He would find a way to How do you keep going after the one person you always believed you were meant to someone else? Bryan Roemer never thought he’d have to answer that question; but man, he is faced with a new reality. Meeting Mara—exotic, beautiful, sexy—on the fl welcome distraction to take his mind off his pain. Still, days are a blur. His nights are moment, his friends, Nick Flaherty and Carrie Mayer, summon him back east to photo Six months have changed Bryan. And when he arrives, the rest of the Circle find that sinister has come with him. Something that is determined to keep him at all costs.
[from goodreads]
My Thoughts
I knew before starting Redemption that it was the second book in a series but I had not read the first book.  I hoped that I would not miss out on a lot of back story when reading Redemption and was very pleased to find I could read it without having to worry about the previous book.  There are places throughout Redemption where small bits of past events are explained a little, so any comment or action made from this event was easy to understand.  Redemption manages to stand alone as a single book, but I imagine it follows on well from the previous instalment.

From the minute I started Redemption I found myself drawn into the pages.  The characters were believable and it was easy to feel sympathy for the main character, Bryan, with how he is dealing with the breakdown of his relationship with Miranda.  After being invited to his friend wedding Bryan has to learn how to deal with his emotions as all too soon he will be meeting Miranda head on.  Unbeknown to Bryan, there are angels at work who want to keep Bryan and his friends safe.

There are two characters who stick in my head, one of them is Cassidy, who I loved from the moment I met and loved how she acts around Bryan.  My favourite however is Bryan and I found myself laughing at him, especially when he zones out in the middle of conversations and either doesn't hear what was said, or only realises he was meant to answer when there is a big pause.

I love how the idea of the angels and the stones played a big part in the story, each person had their own angle that guided them and looked out for them, and they were linked with a stone which was how they were 'tied' together.  I really enjoyed getting to see the story develop and unfold before my eyes, not only with the different relationships going one with the characters, but also as Bryan learns more about what is really going on around him and how he plays apart in it.

Overall I thought Redemption was a great read, and whether you have read the previous instalment or not you should give it a try.  The author has created a world that is easy to fall into, a thing which I easily did finishing the book in one sitting, but also characters that are believable and easy to feel the emotions they are feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...