Sunday, 20 May 2012

Stacking the Shelves #4


[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

This week I have received...



The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter from netgalley
Circle of Silence by Carol M. Tanzman from netgalley
Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry from netgalley
Open Heart by Emlyn Chand from Emlyn's newsletter

Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison purchased by myself
Magic to the Bone by Devon Monk purchased by myself
Industrial Magic by Kelley Armstrong purchased by myself
Sleeping Tigers by Holly Robinson from Holly as part of my blogoversary celebration


Signed bookmarks from Bungle @ Midnight Reads when we met up in York for Rachel Caine signing.
Bookmarks and card holder for a giveaway as part of my blogoversary

I made the mistake of visiting netgalley and got distracted with all the new releases.  The books I received are from Harlequin, so I automatically got approved for them.  I was very tempted to request Shadow Bound by Rachel Vincent even though I have not read Blood Bound yet.  I tweeted about it this dilemma and Rachel replied...


so I have a plan to finish my current reads and get Blood Bound finished by Sunday night.

The books I purchased arrived early which was an added bonus.  I have by dying to read Dead Witch Walking and Magic to the Bone for ages so I picked them up along with Industrial Magic, which I have already read but gave the book to friend as it was an old cover and not the new ones.  I am slowly replacing this set so I can't wait for all my books to match.
Sleeping Tigers was sent from Holly, who is not only participating in my blogoversary in June, but also offered up a signed copy of her book for me to giveaway.



What did you get this week?

11 comments:

  1. NetGalley's pretty mean but I've given up trying to fight the urge to request - at least as long as it comes to titles I would be buying anyways because I definitely want to read them. :D This way I have an excuse to read them before reading other review books, because they're review books as well. :D (I'm tricking myself here... LOL)

    Happy reading, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books this week! Was brill to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got some fabulous reads in your stash, Michelle! ;) Kim Harrison and Devon Monk included. I'm trying to stay away from Shadow Bound. I really have too many review books at the moment, I just have to resist this huge temptation :) Every time I'm on Netgalley I want to request something.. Enjoy all your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous that you got Pushing The Limits it looks so good! I hope you enjoy everything and here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/05/in-my-mailbox-35-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do adore Kelley Armstrong's books!

    Netgalley is very tempting but I try not to go too crazy as I like to read some non-review books occasionally! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got The Goddess Legacy and Open Heart too! Both look really good. I bought Dead Witch Walking a little while ago but I haven't read it yet. I really should as I've heard amazing things about it!

    Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pushing the Limits and Dead Witch Walking sound really good!
    Nice swag :).
    Hope you have a great week reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome haul! Looks like you have some wonderful reading in your future! :)

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani

    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2051

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blogoversary! You really added a quite a few to your shelf :)

    Here's my post:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/05/stacking-shelves-52012.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh love the bookmarks!
    And I totally have to read the Goddess series.. I hear it's fantastic!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Michele | StS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...