Saturday, 9 June 2012

Jill Hathaway interview

About Jill

Jill Hathaway lives in the Des Moines area with her husband and young daughter.

Having earned her BA in English Education from the University of Northern Iowa and her MA in Literature from Iowa State University, she teaches high school English and dual credit courses for Des Moines Area Community College.


Find Jill
Website|Facebook|Twitter

Jill's Books





1. Slide is your debut book, how long did it take to go from an idea to actually having it wrote down in a book?
Pretty quickly, actually. I came up with the idea for SLIDE when preparing to do National Novel Writing Month with my students two years ago. I wrote the rough draft in about six weeks, but it took a much MUCH longer time to revise.

2. Was there anything you wanted to add to Slide that ended up being edited out?
Not really. There was a ton of stuff that changed from rough draft to final, but I don't really miss any of it.
3. Which was your favourite character to write and why?
Rollins, but I can't really tell you why. It'll spoil the book.

4. Did you have any imput into the different designs of the book cover for Slide?
No, not really. I saw a different version before marketing decided they wanted to change it. I love the final product!

5. Where did you get the inspiration from for your book?
Music. I listened to a lot of 90s music while I was writing.

6. If you could have lunch with anyone you wanted to, who would you pick and why? (You can pick up to 5 people)
I would eat lunch with Megan Miranda, Jared Leto, Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, Kurt Vonnegut (if he were still alive), and my mom. I just think it would be fun.

7.  What has been your best experience so far of being a writer?
The best part so far has been opening the box full of finished copies of SLIDE. It was really exciting to see so many of them all in one place!

Thank you again and I am really looking forward to Imposter when it is released next year.
Thanks, Michelle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...