Saturday, 16 June 2012

Shannon Greenland interview

Today I have Shannon Greenland with an author interview.

About Shannon
You name it. Shannon Greenland’s done it. Hiking, rafting, swimming, snorkeling, sailing, surfing, mountain biking, spelunking, canoeing, power lifting, running, camping, para sailing . . . well, you get the drift.

She’s traveled the world extensively and is thrilled to be living in northern Virginia, looking for her new adventure. Believe it or not, Shannon dreaded reading and writing when she was a kid. How ironic that she’s now an award winning author.


Find Shannon
Website|Facebook|Twitter

Shannon's Books



1.Em's parents have a plan mapped out for her, when you were younger did you have you own plan for what you wanted to do when you 'grew up', if so has it changed as you have grown up?
Gosh, I wanted to be a doctor, a mechanic, a mathematician, a chef...I flip flopped a lot and my parents tried to 'gently' guide me in my quest.

2. The Pepper house sounds like a fantastic B&B and so does the area surrounding it. Is it based on a real place?
I drew on my visit to Bermuda when I wrote about the Pepper House and the island it is on.

3.The food and recipes that Em cooks sound amazing. Did you actually try any of these out yourself before putting them into the book?
Every one of them!  I love to cook, but just don't make time for it in my busy schedule.

4.Which was your favourite character to write about and why?
I adore Em's sister Gwenny.  She definitely needs a story of her own.

5. I love how close the relationship is between Em and Gwyneth. Do you have any siblings/friends that you had a close relationship like this with?
I have a childhood friend that has always been like a sister to me. (Hi Jill!) my real siblings are just about the best ever (Hi Sharie, Jim, Melinda, and Jason!)

6. I loved the twist in the story and admire Em for how she dealt with it. Did you start writing The Summer My Life Began knowing this would be in there?
Yes, but I didn't know how it would all play out.  That's what I love about writing, discovering the story as I go along.

7. Was there anything you wanted to add in the story that ended up edited out?
No, my editor and I came to an agreement on everything.  She's awesome.

8. Are there any similarities between you and Em or any other characters in the book?
Em and I share a love of eating and cooking for sure.

9. How do you go about writing a book, do you start at the beginning and work your way through, or work on bits and pieces then put it all together?
I'm definitely disciplined and work on a book every day.  I typically write it all the way through then go back and do several edits.  It's during the edits that the story really starts to shape up nicely.

10. What books do you have coming out in the future and can you tell us a bit about it?
I've got stuff coming down the line, but my agent will kill me if I spill the beans.

11.When you have free time what's the best way to like spend it?
Action and adventure.  I'm always up for a run, a hike, climbing, biking, or anything that gets me out and about.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...