Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Review: The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter


Title: The Goddess Legacy
Author: Aimee Carter
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Fantasy
Source: Netgalley
Format: eGalley
Publication Date: July 31st 2012

Tell Me About It
For millennia we've caught only glimpses of the lives and loves of the gods and goddesses on Olympus. Now Aime e Carter pulls back the curtain on how they became the powerful, petty, loving and dangerous immortals that Kate Winters knows.

Calliope/Hera represented constancy and yet had a husband who never matched her faithfulness....

Ava/Aphrodite was the goddess of love and yet commitment was a totally different deal....

Persephone was urged to marry one man, yet longed for another....

James/Hermes loved to make trouble for others-but never knew true loss before....

Henry/Hades's solitary existence had grown too wearisome to continue. But meeting Kate Winters gave him a new hope....

Five original novellas of love, loss and longing and the will to survive throughout the ages.

My Thoughts
The Goddess Legacy is a collection of five novellas in and each one is told by a different God or Goddess;
*The Goddess Queen is narrated by Hera,
*The Love Struck Goddess is narrated by Aphrodite,
*Goddess of the Underworld is narrated by Persephone,
*God of Thieves is narrated by Hermes,
*God of Darkness is narrated by Hades

I will be the first to admit that I know absolutely nothing about Gods or Goddesses and books about them have never interested me until I read The Goddess Test, which I quickly devoured and jumped straight into Goddess Interrupted.  When I saw The Goddess Legacy on netgalley I knew I had to read it.  I really enjoyed getting to look at the history of the Gods and Goddess that feature in this series and to see how they started and why they have become what they are as we know them. The Goddess Legacy starts from the very beginning after the war of the Titan's and ends just before The Goddess Test.

As I learnt more about each God or Goddess my views changed about them. Initially I felt sorry for Hera for having to live the way she did, but as her story progressed I realised she brought it on herself and if she hadn't have been so power hungry then she wouldn't have had to make sacrifices.  By the end of her story I thought she was selfish and childish for acting the way she did.

I enjoyed seeing the Gods act not so Godlike, playing games, messing around and being not so perfect themselves, it was a refreshing change to see this rather than the persona they project in The Goddess Test and Goddess Interrupted.   The Goddess Legacy is a nice quick read that should fill in the gaps left behind while waiting for the next instalment to be released, one which I am eagerly awaiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...