Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Review: Inherit by Liza Reinhardt


Title: Inherit
Author: Liz Reinhardt
Author Info: Website|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Fantasy
Source: Author
Format: eBook
Publication Date: June 29th 2012

Tell Me About It
Wren Kochi’s life is full of problems without solutions and wishes that she knows better than to set her heart on. When a mysterious fox arrives from her family in Japan and things she desires begin to land in her lap, she’s torn. It’s tempting to have whatever she desires, whenever she desires. But is the price she’s being forced to pay too high? The mysteries of her absent family and secretive past begin to unravel, and Wren has to decide whether or not she’s going to embrace the powers she was born to command. When long-time crush, sexy, brilliant Jonas Balto, proves to understand her more than she ever imagined possible, Wren finds herself caught between love and family, power and friendship, and peace and desire. Just when she thinks she has it all figured out, she discovers the fight for her life and those she loves has only just begun.

Inherit is a YA mature paranormal. It contains drinking, strong language, and sexual situations.

My Thoughts
There are a few authors who have a special place in my heart and bookshelf (physical or electronic) and Liz is one of them. I absolutely loved her Brennan Blixen series that I have read so far ( even though I still need to read slow twitch >_<) and I loved Forgiving Trinity. When I found out that she was releasing another book I knew I had to read it.  When I opened my emails to discover an email off Liz herself with a smashwords code to get the book I may have girly squealed.

The first thing that I have to say about Inherit is how much I love the cover, I love the colours and the light effects of it. Inherit is completely different to Liz's previous books and while others may not make this transition well Liz has managed it perfectly. The characters in Inherit are so likeable and believable it was easy to become emotionally involved with them, especially Wren and Jonas, and throughout the book I was routing for this duo. When Sakura comes on the scene I instantly disliked her. She is a distant cousin who is only after Loki, Wrens fox she has been sent from her Grandfather (can I just say now that I want this fox!!!!!!), and from the moment we meet her she is constantly in the background being annoying.

Wren is one tough cookie. She works, goes to school and somehow keeps straight A's, look after her Grandmother and then has something else thrown at her. She takes it all in her stride and never once lets it put her down and I really admire her strength and courage to do this. I loved how we get to learn more about Wren as she does, and that the process unravels at a steady pace and is not rushed along to get the plot moving. The revelation about Wren is told to us as she learns about it herself, it feels like you are unwrapping a surprise at the same time and are anticipating what it will be. You never feel like you have missed out on an important part of the story.

The connection she has with Jonas, after the first rushed date, was amazing. We get to see this duo slowly form a friendship then watch as sparks begin to fly and something more real is made. He is one person who is always there to help her and was co-conspirator in her escape from training. Just as they start to get somewhere a new hurdle is thrown in thier way and I am looking forward to seeing how they deal with this new hurdle.

I absolutely love Bestemore, Wren's Grandmother, she reminds me so much of my Nan in every way, good and bad days, and she brought a smile to my face every time. I loved the unbroken boble of Bestemore. Something so small to hold all the memories wren has of her grandmother and I really do wish this was real. Sometimes memories fade and pictures don't leave the full picture. It actually took a while to get through those couple of pages because I couldn't see the writing for my tears.

From the moment I started Inherit I could not put it down and I really hope there will be a sequel soon *crosses fingers*. If you have liked Liz's other work then Inherit is a must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...