Sunday, 8 July 2012

Stacking The Shelves #7


[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

This week I have received...


Swipe by Evan Angler from netgalley
Sneak by Evan Angler from netgalley
Stay Tuned by Lauren Clark won from Book Travels

Crashing Eden by Michael Sussman from novel publicity
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson borrowed from brother
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams borrowed from brother

Homeland: Book 1 of the Dark Elf Trilogy by R.A Salvatore borrowed from brother
Exile: Book 2 of the Dark Elf Trilogy by R.A Salvatore borrowed from brother
Sojurn: Book 3 of the Dark Elf Trilogy by R.A Salvatore borrowed from brother

The Hunter and the Hunted by Kelley Armstrong purchased by myself
Of Darkness and Light by Lily Crussel free on amazon
Fairy Tales Every Child Should Know by Hamilton Wright Mabie free on amazon


I also attended a blogger event for Hot Key Books last Saturday.  It was their first ever blogger event, not only did we get to speak to some of their authors, but we also had a skype chat with S.J Kincaid, author of Insignia (which is an amazing book), we also got a goodie bag.


It had 3 proofs of books released later this year and a finished copy of Insignia.  The memory pen also has information about books released next year, but is top secret so I can't share, and also some manuscripts to read on an Ereader of a few more books released later this year that are not in printed form yet, which I though was a great idea.  It also had a bookmark but I gave that to my brother.
The finished copies of Insignia also contained the quotes from various UK bloggers that got super early copies to read with the chance of being quoted.  I am so excited that my quote is there :).  This is the first time I have actually had a quote in a finished book.



If anyone has read the Night World books by L. J. Smith then you know waiting for Strange Fate has been torture, it gets a date then is put back again, rinse and repeat a few times.  Well on her website she has posted a Strange Fate preview, then says it should be finished by the end of the year.  I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed as I really want to read this book, and the preview makes me want it more.  Check out the preview here


What did you get this week?

11 comments:

  1. I love The Hitchehikers Guide to the Galaxy! It is so surreal and innventive - I love it! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul! You got quite a bit this week! Swipe sounds interesting and I hope to read it sometime as well (: Hope you enjoy!

    - Kim
    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting quoted, Michelle!!! It's so awesome! I've just finished writing review for Insignia, and think that that book was amazing :) Lovely book haul, I hope you enjoy all your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quote's sooo awesome. YAY! :)
    All of what you got looks really awesome, my dear, so happy reading! Hope you'll enjoy everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome news about the quote!!! Well done Michelle!! I know how much it will mean to you! And what a brilliant book week for you!! :)
    Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing haul and quote's are *always* awesome! I can't imagine how great it must feel to see yourself on a book! :D

    Patricia // My Week & Haul

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cool haul! never heard of the first three books so thanks for sharing.

    ~Shane [new follower]
    check out mine: http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/stacking-shelves-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swipe and Sneak look like extremely good books! They look so creepy and it looks so good! I hope you enjoy all your books!

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crashing Eden has a really unique cover. Come visit me as well. I really like your haul of books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got some awesome stuff this week! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week. Here's my IMM =)

    http://www.paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/07/in-my-mailbox-42-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great set! I'm curious about RA Salvatore. I've heard he has a new book coming out.
    My Bookish Recap

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...