Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Review: 13 by Kelley Armstrong


Title: 13
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Author Info: Website|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Source: Purchased myself
Format: Hardback
Publication Date: UK:July 26th 2012|USA:24th July 2012

Tell Me About It
War is coming to the Otherworld. A sinister cult known as The Supernatural Liberation Movement is hell-bent on exposing the truth about supernaturals to the rest of the world. Their violent, ruthless plan has put everyone at risk: from werewolves to vampires, from witches to half-demons.

Savannah Levine - fiery and unpredictable - stands at the heart of the maelstrom. There is a new, dark magic inside her, granting her the power to summon spells of terrifying strength. But whether this magic is a gift or a curse, no one knows.

On the eve of battle, all the major players must come together in a last, desperate fight for survival - Elena and Clay; Adam and Savannah; Paige and Lucas; Jeremy and Jaime; Hope, Eve and more...They are fighting for lives.

They are fighting for their loved ones.

They are fighting for the Otherworld.

My Thoughts
I will admit that I haven't followed Kelly Armstrong from the beginning, but only discovered her books in 2010. From reading Bitten I was hooked and purchased every book that was available at the time.  The wait for each new release has been torture, even more so for 13. I have desperately wanted to find out what happens, but also did not want the series to end.  My UK version comes with a special short story narrated by Elena, but I'm not including this in the review and this is possibly going to be the vaguest review ever to make sure I don't spoil it for you at all.

13 gives us the chance to catch up with a few old favourites, and although Savannah is the main narrator, we also get to hear off Hope, Eve, Paige, Elena; and get to see a few of the guys in action.
We get to see all the supernatural community kick ass in an amazing way, and although there is a lot going on plot wise and having it split into different cities and people, it was easy to not only follow what was happening, but to take it all in and weave it together.  I really liked how all the good forces were joining together and helping each other out.  There were a few characters that I may not have liked in previous books, but they certainly helped out when push came to shove and I will admit to shedding a few tears.

I did not want 13 to end, and although there are a few deaths, some people that actually deserved it and some that actually made me cry, which I didn't expect to do for these characters, Kelly has made it so easy to become emotionally invested and attached to each and every character and I am really sad to leave the world that she has created.  From the moment I started reading 13 I jumped in with both feet and did not come up for air until I had finished and once I have completed my collection with matching covers I intend to re-read the whole series.

Anyone who is a fan of Kelly must read 13, it is a fantastic but sad end to an amazing series.

1 comment:

  1. I've only read a short story of Kelley Armstrong's in Enthralled - an anthology of paranormal tales - which I really enjoyed. I think I'll get started on her books soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...