Saturday, 25 August 2012

Review: Endlessly by Kiersten White


Title: Endlessly
Author: Kiersten White
Author Info: Website|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Paranormal
Source: Publisher via Netgalley
Format: eGalley
Publication Date: UK:2nd August 2012|USA:24th July 2012

Tell Me About It
Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.

So much for normal.

My Thoughts
I have been waiting for Endlessly to be released for a while, I adore Evie and I was eager to take another journey with her, but sad that this would be the final chapter in her story. With some series I have read I have been wary about starting them incase they didn't live up to my expectations, I had no such quarms with endlessly and was exceedingly happy to discover that Endlessly was just as good as its previous counterparts.  From the moment I began I was once again hooked in Evie's world. I loved getting to see a few characters from previous books and if felt like I was catching up with old friends.

Things have changed since Supernaturally, IPCA is no longer ran by Rachel, a new manager has come into play, things are not so bright and cheerful for Evie's world and something is out to get all the paranormals.  However Endlessly is not all doom and gloom, there are a few moments that I laughed at.  The driving escapades with Donna and Kari, two selkies that hang around Evie's work place, Evie fighting to make the colour scheme for the winter formal pink...because pink goes with everything ;).

Evie has also grown as a person, yes she is still very girly girl, but with things that happened previously she has matured, and is quite feisty in Endlessly.  We get to see the tougher side of Evie too, which I loved and I am quite surprised at how violent she can and wants to be.

The ending.......I cried, it was heartbreaking to see some characters go, some I knew and some I did not expect and I literally sobbed while reading.  Endlessly may be the final chapter in Evie's life, but it packs one hell of a punch, and Evie takes us all down fighting with her.  I am sad to see the series come to an end, but it has been an amazing ride.  Kiersten has managed to grab you from the very first page of Paranormalcy and keep you wanting more, anticipating the next release and wanting needing to find out what happens next.
Paranormalcy may have been the start of Kiersten's books, but it's not the end, and I for one will be grabbing each new book she releases to read more of her great work.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, I didn't expect it to be a weepy! lol, actually somehow that makes it more appealing, because I really liked the first and then wasn't sure about the second...this sounds like a good finale.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...