Monday, 27 August 2012

Review: Seeds of War by Rachel E. Fisher


Title: Seeds of War
Author: Rachel E. Fisher
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter
Genre: Dystopian
Source: Author
Format: ebook
Publication Date: July 16th 2012

Tell Me About It
The mission of Eden must be fulfilled and Eden’s best Seekers are needed. Forming a new group they dub the Seeders, Fi, Asher, and Sean are joined by a new addition as they set out to bring hope and support to the Topsiders in the form of radios and heirloom seeds. Their experiences Topside prepare them for the threat from marauding gangs they call Lobos, but it is a different, less obvious sort of threat that takes them by surprise. As radio broadcasts begin to reconnect Eden and the Topsiders, the Seeders stumble upon mysterious broadcasts from unknown stations. When two of their own new radio stations go silent within days of each other, Fi and her companions realize that something is terribly wrong. Eden finds itself pitted against a growing and unknown force as their very mission lights the flames of war.

My Thoughts
I really enjoyed the previous book, Eden's Root, so when the author sent me a copy of Seeds of War I was very excited to see what happens next.
I was glad to see that Fi and Ash are still together and going strong, and Sean and Sara together which makes me happy since I did feel sorry for Sean losing his best friend.  I do have to say though, that I love Sara's determination and spirit.  She may not have come from a background like Fi, Ash and Sean, but she certainly makes up for it with her determination and drive to do what she can to help, even it it mean brutal training to be a seeker like Fi.
We also get a glimpse into other colonies and homesteads.  Eden finally makes contact with another colony, and we get to see the real reason behind the sickness and who or what started it.  The Seekers also become Seeders, spreading new heirloom seeds and giving radios to other homesteads to make better communication with them and ensure safety all around.

It's not all plain sailing and soon The Truthers arrive who are against Eden and have taken radios and destroyed homes.  The Seeders must try to survive their journey and avoid the Truthers at all costs.

I will admit to struggling a little reading Seeds of War, I felt like it was a slow start and although there is a little bit of progression, plot and character wise there wasn't much to catch my attention. All that changed just past the half way mark, the plot suddenly picks up and literally becomes a life or death mission which had me gripped and wanting to know what happens next, with danger at every turn it was imposable to know if they would survive their journey or what fights they would partake in just to stay alive that little bit longer.
Throughout Seeds of War, the characters grow themselves, it starts off slowly but as I got further into the pages they had to become stronger, faster and better than the enemy.  Some of the characters experienced their firsts or just became a stronger, more mature person, and something happens that I guessed immediately and I am really looking forward to seeing what happens next with this character.

Rachel has managed to write another great book that after the initial struggle had me gripped and wanting to know more.  Seeds of War ends on a cliff hanger, in more ways than one, and I NEED to know what happens next in Emergence, please hurry up release day.

1 comment:




  1. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
    I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but instead of that, this is great blog.
    An excellent read. I’ll certainly be back.
    Heirloom seeds

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...