Sunday, 19 August 2012

Stacking The Shelves


[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]


Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing
with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the
process!

This week I have received...



The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater from Scholastic for review
Rage Within by Jeyn Roberts from Macmillan for review
Shadows by Ilsa J Bick from Netgalley for review
House of Night: Legacy [Graphic Novel] from netgalley for review


I also got this mysterious black envelope in the mail and I had no idea what it was

So when I opened it and found this inside I was very excited. It is also the first ever sampler I have received.



I also received these amazing goodies from Suzanne Lazear as part of her street team.
Some of these goodies will be making their way to new homes soon.


I am extremely excited to have received Rage Within.  I have been waiting forever to get this book and it is the next book I plan to read.  The Raven Boys and Shadows are two other books that I am eager to start.


On a side note my reviews this week have gone to pot.  I have a whole list of reviews that needed to be finished and be scheduled to post, but the past few days I have found it hard to open a book and actually read.  I am hoping to be able to get my act together soon and get my head back into reading.
A few people know already, and it may not seem like much to others, but I had to get my cat put down.  Last month we found out he had cancer in his mouth and we decided to monitor him and take him back when it was too much for him.  He seemed to be doing well and had started to gain weight.  However on Thursday he took a turn for the worse and was rushed to the vets with lots of blood in his mouth.  After a lot of tears and heartbroken goodbyes I had to make the decision to let him rest.  My Dad and I were with him the whole time and Socks was chilled and relaxed through the whole ordeal and went to sleep peacefully.
He had a good 13 years of life, and the past month was spoilt rotten by my whole family, even down to having food on demand whether he ate or not, and having chicken and sausage for breakfast.
My heart is broken, I don't have any children so Socks was my baby, and the past few days have been tough for me.
Last ever picture of Socks :(

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your cat, Michelle! *sending huge hugs* We're the same me and my hubby, our cat is our little baby, so losing him will be absolutely heart-breaking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I'm so very sorry about your cat! :( I really hope you'll get to feel better soon, even though I can only imagine how awful the past week must have been for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I'm sorry you had to lose such a beautiful family member! I can definitely relate there. On a side note, you've gotten a ton of awesome books this week! I can't wait to get started on The Raven Boys and the goodies from Suzanne Lazaer look awesome. Please feel better soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I'm so sorry about Socks :( I've a black cat (she's 4) as well and she's my baby. I do hope you'll get well soon - it must have been a terrible week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about Socks, I know how hard losing a pet can be. *hugs* However, I hope you enjoy all of the books that you recieved this week. Sending positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read Daughter of Smoke & Bone yet either but I really want to. I hope you enjoy everything.

    My IMM =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...