Sunday, 16 September 2012

Bookish and Bloggish News






As the publishing industry continues to evolve in the face of the digital age, HarperFiction has discovered 18 year-old online sensation and debut novelist Abigail Gibbs, who has been posting The Dark Heroine: Dinner with a Vampire chapter by chapter on Wattpad.com. Having clocked up a phenomenal 17 million reads so far and amassed a huge global fan base online, this, crucially, will be the first time anyone can read the novel’s breathtaking ending.

The Dark Heroine follows sixth-former Violet Lee, who is swept up in a bitter feud between humans and vampires which has lasted centuries after witnessing a bloody massacre in London’s Trafalgar Square, and who becomes political prisoner to the brutally charismatic vampire prince, Kaspar Varn. Feisty, fast-paced and racy, Abigail’s maturity is breath-taking and the unfolding romance between Kaspar and Violet is utterly compelling.

The Dark Heroine: Dinner with a Vampire is published by HarperFiction in ebook on 13 September 2012, with a beautiful paperback edition following on 25 October 2012.

Photobucket

Just in case you have been living under a rock this week, Rachel Vincent revealed the cover of With All MY Soul, the final installment in her Soul Screamers Series.



I know this is the USA version and I get the UK version, but I absolutly LOVE this cover and I hope they so something just as amazing for the UK version.
Photobucket

Sophie Jordan also revealed the UK covers for Firelight and Vanish on twitter



Also proudly displayed in book shop by Midnight Reads



Photobucket

On Tuesday I had the chance to travel to London for a get together, organised by Random House, with some amazing authors, Tessa Gratton and Karen Mahoney, who have books published already, and Natalie Parker, whos d├ębut book is out 2014.  She told us a little about it and it sounds great.


[Tessa Gratton|Karen Mahoney|Natalie C Parker]

We got to have our books signed that we all took down with us and I also got my stickers signed I won earlier in the year, and also picked up the latest books by Karen and Tessa.  I had a great time and I look forward to future meet ups.



Two other bloggers also attended, Lynsey from Narratively Speaking and Liz from My Favourite Books.




1 comment:

  1. Firelight and Vanish are here? Gosh, I missed them! I have to say that I love the US covers more, but I'll pick the UK ones up anyway. I already have Firelight but with the US cover that apparently was used here in UK, too... At first... What's wrong with changing covers? It's not the first time it happens (see Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent), sigh. Anyway, I loved the first instalment and I can't wait to read the rest!

    WOW, you got lots of great goodies and amazing autographs, go Michelle!!!! I'm very happy you had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...