Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Review: Covet by Melissa Darnell


Title: Covet
Author: Melissa Darnell
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter
Genre: Paranormal
Series: The Clann #2
Source: Netgalley
Format: eGalley
Publication Date: 25th September 2012

Tell Me About It
Dangerous to be together. Painful to be apart.Savannah Colbert knows she broke up with Tristan Coleman for the right reasons. Most of all, to keep from killing him with her new vampire abilities. But try telling her heart. Now, lost in a sea of hostile Clann faces, Sav tries to come to terms with what she's becoming and what that means for her future. And that someone is doing their best to bully her into making a terrible mistake.

Tristan can't believe Sav won't even talk to him. If being apart is her decision, fine. Just don't expect him to honor it. But even as he prepares to fight for the girl he loves, forces beyond their control take them both in directions neither could have foreseen or prepared for.

A reckoning is coming …and not everyone will survive.

My Thoughts
Covet picks up straight after Crave left off and we get to see the aftermath of the council's decision.  Savannah is struggling to cope with her ever growing abilities, and Tristan is willing to do anything in order to get Savannah back into his life.
Savannah is now living with her father, and he begins to train her in order to blend in better with the humans, as well as teach her more about her vampire abilities.  She is growing stronger as the days go by and her changing body is another thing to add to the list of vampiric changes.  She struggles on a daily basis with bloodlust, controlling her speed and her strength.
Soon the peace treaty is under threat when members of the Clann are found dead under suspicious circumstances.  Tristan and Savannah must find out who is killing the Clann members and put a stop to it before the vampires and Clann end up at war again.

I loved Covet so much more than Crave.  The constant will they, wont they between Savannah and Tristan had me constantly guessing whether they would get back together again or not.  While I find it difficult for two people who have not know each other long to fall so strongly in love the way Savannah and Tristan have,  I do thing their feelings of loss and devastation were portrayed realistically and it was easy for me to sympathise with them both.  I did feel sorry for Bethany though, I don't think it was fair, intentional or not, of Tristan to play her like he did, but I also think Bethany shouldn't have taken things at face value.
I love Anne and how easily she accepted the truth from Savannah, I admire her for standing by Savannah and being there when she needed a friend the most. Ron is a new supernatural that is added to the mix, and while I guessed from the few hints what he was, I didn't get the whole answer. I am glad the Savannah also has a friend in him as well as someone to talk to about supernatural issues.

The last few chapters of Covet had me on the edge of my seat, I never knew what was going to happen, whether Savannah and Tristan would get their happy ever after, or if they would even stop the war that is about to happen.  I am really looking forward to seeing what happens next in Consume.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...