Thursday, 6 September 2012

Review: Sneak by Evan Angler


Title: Sneak
Author: Evan Angler
Author Info: Website|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Science Fiction
Series: Swipe #2
Source: Netgalley
Format: eGalley
Publication Date: 4th September 2012

Tell Me About It
When Logan Langly backed out of getting the Mark and went on the run, no one thought he could survive on his own. Without the Mark, you can't buy food, bot to the doctor, or use a tablet-you aren't even a citizen.
But when he discovers that his sister is being held in a mysterious hidden prison named Acheron, Logan risks everything to travel through and underground network of the Markless to rescue her.
Logan arrives only to find that Acheron holds more secrets than anyone could have guessed and that all his careful planning is worthless against a government that will do anything to gain absolute control. It seems there is only one place to turn.
But can a banned book with whisper-this pages and warnings about the real meaning of the Mark really hold the Answer?

My Thoughts
Sneak picks up straight where Swipe left off.  Logan is still on the run looking for answers, while back home people are searching for him.  While on the run Logan stumbles upon a group of Markless that call themselves Huddle, Bridget, who is a part of this group, helps Logan fix up a bike he can use to find Acheron.
We also get to visit Erin and see how she is coping without Logan.  After the fiasco the duo created Erin soon finds herself moving back home, which is what she wanted all along, but somehow she still manages to help Logan.  We also get a better look at Hailey and get to see the reasons she acts the way she does and her reasons for doing things.  Throughout Sneak we are also given more points of view from Bailey, Erin, Logan, the Dust.

When I originally made a start on Sneak I was a bit apprehensive.  I didn't enjoy the previous book as much as I thought I would, but I loved the ending and I had to know what happened next.  I was surprised to find myself enjoying Sneak more than I thought I would.  There was more adventure and mystery and I enjoyed seeing how the Markless could all work together for a common goal and I am looking forward to finding out what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...