Saturday, 29 September 2012

Review: Wolf Pact by Melissa de la Cruz


Title: Wolf Pact
Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Author Info: Website|Blog|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Paranormal
Series: Wolf Pact #1
Source: Publisher
Format: Paperback
Publication Date: UK:25th Sept 2012|USA:6th September 2012

Tell Me About It
From the bestselling author of Blue Bloods, comes a series that will reinvent the myth of the werewolf in the same way that Blue Bloods did with vampires—with style and NYC flair!

Lawson and his brothers escaped from the underworld and now lead desperate, dangerous lives. They’re pursued by the Hounds of Hell from one town to the next, never calling any place home. But when the hounds finally catch up with them and capture the girl Lawson loves, the hunters become the hunted. Lawson will stop at nothing to track down the hounds, even if the chances of saving Tala are slim...

The only hope he has lies in Bliss Llewellyn. Bliss, too, has lost someone to the beasts and will do anything to get them back—even if it means joining forces with the insolent, dangerously good-looking boy with a wolf’s soul.

My Thoughts
I am a big fan of anything Melissa writes, and when I discovered that she was writing Wolf Pact I knew I had to read it.  What I love about these books is how they all tie in together in some way, Arthur from Serpents Kiss, and Bliss from Blue Bloods.

Lawson, Tala, Malcolm, Edon,  and Rafe escape from the underworld into human world and soon find themselves trying to figure out how to survive in their new bodies and a new place.  Arthur comes to thier rescue ans offers the ma safe place to stay and also teaches them about things they need to know. Meanwhile Bliss, with her Aunt Jane, are looking for the wolves to get their help.

From the minute I started reading Wolf Pact I was hooked, while it took me a while to actually get into Blue Bloods I had no issues with Wolf Pact and quickly found myself halfway through the book.  I found it easy to get to know the characters and loved how they all had their own traits and ways of helping them all survive, although I would not like to be the 'alarm system' for them, that has to be the worst trait.  Reading on how they try to adapt to being human and the things they do to survive made them more realistic in my eyes and I quickly formed an attachment to the wolves.
When Bliss joins their small group I enjoyed how she threw a new dynamic to the group and although both sides were reluctant at first to trust each other, when they eventually did, they all worked together like they had been there all the time.

I enjoyed reading about the myths and legends about how the wolves came to be, and getting flashbacks through Bliss's eyes only helped the story more, giving more background and information that was essential to the plot to help it move forward.  When Wolf Pact finally came to an end I was sad to see it end, and although it ends at a nice place, setting it up nicely for book two, there is no major cliffhanger that will forever be there until you read book two (and you will want to read it), it ended perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...