Sunday, 2 September 2012

Stacking The Shelves


[inspired by Pop Culture Junkie]


Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!

This week I have received...



Wolf Pact by Melissa de la Cruz from Atom for review
Abandon by Meg Cabot from Macmillan for review
The Wolf Princess by Cathryn Constable from Chicken House for review

Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton purchased by myself
666 Park Avenue by Gabriella Pierce from Constable and Robinson for review
When She Woke by Hillary Jordan from HarperCollins for review [unsolicited]

I am a big fan of Melissa de la Cruz, and I was so excited to receive a copy of her newest book, Wolf Pact, for review.  Abandon is a bit late arriving so I hope to get it read this coming week.  I love the cover for The Wolf Princess, and I hope the story is as good as it sounds.  Blood Magic is one that I have read the first few pages and liked but never got around to buying, going to see the author inspired me to buy it ready to be signed.   666 Park Ave is a duplicate copy from the publisher, and they have given me permission to pass it on, so it will be making its way to a new home soon.  When She Woke is not a book I have heard of and received it unsolicited, after reading the press sheet that came with it I have to admit it sounds good.  Hopefully I will get it read this month.


I also received my prize I won via Dark Mind Book Tours.  I entered to win a necklace for their Fractured Light giveaway and the necklace arrived today.


I know this next picture is not really book related but I HAD to show it.  I have recently moved rooms in my work place, going from 2-3 year old room, to baby room.  One of the girls in the room got me a leaving present and I absolutely love it.  I have a thing for pens, in work you can guarantee I will have at least 3 in my pocket at all times, and more in my bag.  I have a big collection of them, all different colours, types, I even had ones that had transparent ink inside but that actually wrote purple!!...anyway, here is my amazing pen.  The whole of it is decorated with black beads and silver flowers and black glitter...I think I'm in love :D


That's all for this week, what did you get?

6 comments:

  1. Wow you got some great books! I didn't enjoy 666 park avenue heaps, but hopefully it's more your sort of thing than mine :) cute blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that pen's really gorgeous! :)
    And lovely books, too. Definitely curious to hear what you think of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books this week! Love the cover for Wolf Pact, as I didn't realize that was hair at first. And Melissa is an awesome writer! That pen is gorgeous! I feel the same way about bookmarks, as you can never have too many. Enjoy! :)

    Here's my book haul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy all and the bling bling

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know this new cover for 666 park avenue but I liked the book. I also have blood magic but till need to read it. Love what you won. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got Blood Magic a little over a year ago I really need to read it. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week!

    My IMM =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...