Saturday, 20 October 2012

Review: Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole


Title: Dante's Girl
Author: Courtney Cole
Author Info: Website|Twitter|Facebook
Genre: Contemporary
Source: Netgalley
Format: eGalley
Publication Date: 4th June 2012

Tell Me About It
I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.
Until this year.

And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:

1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.

Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference?

But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl.

My heart just might be crazy.

My Review
Reece is on her way to spend her summer in England with her father, she literally bumps into Dante and they quickly strike up a brief friendship waiting for the plane. Once aboard, and about to take off, another plane crashes, and fearing for Dante's, he is immediately rushed off the plane by his personal security team, and he makes sure Reece goes with him.  Reece soon finds out who Dante is, the son of prime minister of Caberra, and is soon getting a first hand experience into how he lives.

Dante's Girl was a quick read that I thoroughly enjoyed.  The area where Dante lives sounds amazing, with lots of beautiful scenery that we get to learn about with great detail.  Both Reece and Dante were characters that I immediately liked, and while Dante does a few things wrong, he makes up for them in a spectacular way, whoever gets a horse shipped into the country for a date definitely can be forgiven.
Some of the characters in Dante's Girl stuck out for various reasons.  Elena is a stuck up spoilt brat who I instantly disliked, even more so for her attempts at getting Dante.  Mia is a great friend for Reece, and happily helps her find her feet and is a great shopping buddy.

When things start to happen and lives are in danger I never guessed who it would be till near the end.  Once the person was revealed all the things they did and how they acted fit into place.  I loved the ending and think it was perfect and romantic and I would love to see what happen next with this duo.

Dante's Girl is the first book I have read by Courtney, and I am interested in seeing what else she has to offer.  Anyone looking for a quick, light read with some very hot boys needs to read this.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, a girl just needs a quick, fun read she can thoroughly enjoy. I'm so happy this turned out to be one of those.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...